Help, no writers detected!!

beckyh

Help, I want to burn a game, but it says no writers detected. It worked for me a couple days ago, but I have only used it a few times.....

Did you install ArcSoft CD/DVD LabelMaker since the last time that your CD/DVD drive(s) were recognized. I ran into this problem and thought it had something to do with ImgBurn because I was burning an ISO image right before I installed the ArcSoft software. Come to find out from Technical Support for my computer that the CD/DVD drives no longer had the ability to load the driver because the ArcSoft software installation had added an entry to the registry. This ArcSoft program is supposed to work on Windows Vista and it does, but it caused the CD/DVD drives to be missing from the ImgBurn software and also from My Computer because the CD/DVD drivers fail to load.

If you did recently install ArcSoft CD/DVD LabelMaker, look at the registry key Hot_Key_Local_Machine\System\Current Control Set\Control\Class and go down through the class entries until you find the one for the DVD/CD-rom drives and look for an entry there that includes either the words 'low' or high'. There is another word in this entry, but I have already deleted the entry and i can't remember what the full wording was. When you find this 'low' or 'high' entry, right-click it and delete it. Then reboot your computer and your drives will show up again. My DVD-CD-rom registry entry was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, but your Class entry will probably be different. This was the very first 4D entry of about 5 or 6 that started with 4D.

Having said all that, if you have not recently installed ArcSoft CD/DVD LabelMaker right before your ImgBurn software stopped detecting writers, then I don't know what the problem could be. I hope that this helps if that is why you are having this problem.

Help, I want to burn a game, but it says no writers detected. It worked for me a couple days ago, but I have only used it a few times.....

Did you install ArcSoft CD/DVD LabelMaker since the last time that your CD/DVD drive(s) were recognized. I ran into this problem and thought it had something to do with ImgBurn because I was burning an ISO image right before I installed the ArcSoft software. Come to find out from Technical Support for my computer that the CD/DVD drives no longer had the ability to load the driver because the ArcSoft software installation had added an entry to the registry. This ArcSoft program is supposed to work on Windows Vista and it does, but it caused the CD/DVD drives to be missing from the ImgBurn software and also from My Computer because the CD/DVD drivers fail to load.

If you did recently install ArcSoft CD/DVD LabelMaker, look at the registry key Hot_Key_Local_Machine\System\Current Control Set\Control\Class and go down through the class entries until you find the one for the DVD/CD-rom drives and look for an entry there that includes either the words 'low' or high'. There is another word in this entry, but I have already deleted the entry and i can't remember what the full wording was. When you find this 'low' or 'high' entry, right-click it and delete it. Then reboot your computer and your drives will show up again. My DVD-CD-rom registry entry was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, but your Class entry will probably be different. This was the very first 4D entry of about 5 or 6 that started with 4D.

Having said all that, if you have not recently installed ArcSoft CD/DVD LabelMaker right before your ImgBurn software stopped detecting writers, then I don't know what the problem could be. I hope that this helps if that is why you are having this problem.

Hey, I actually just uninstalled the arcsoft label maker since the last time I used imgburn.......

These are called 'filter drivers' and you can manipulate them directly using ImgBurn. The feature is on the Tools menu (Filter Driver Load Order).

O.k. I found what you are talking about but what do I do from there, or what do I want to see?? thanks

post a log and a copy of the filter driver load order please

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.4.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20

Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook

File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys

File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)

File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver

Product Name: Microsoft

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.