Autowrite Speed not locking on set speed:

dr_ml422

Hi guys. I've set the auto write speed to 12x on my TY's. It keeps them on 24x which is impossible as TY's don't do 24x. The DVD-R's that is. Here's a log to see if you see something I can't. Checked forum but no answer to this that I saw. Thnx.

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 29 April 2009, 14:31:06

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 14:11:33 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 14:11:33 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 14:11:33 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,532 KB - Available: 1,736,464 KB

I 14:11:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:11:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:11:33 Found 2 DVD

are you choosing AWS when you burn?

Son of a Gun. I could of sworn I went through that drop down list. Thnx cornholio. I guess Imgburn also saved me from creating a coaster w/its option for that?

I didn't know about adding the DVD+-R Option. In same window as where you add the drive name? It's good to have that when burning w/same quality media/burner, but if different then individual settings better. ie: Sata Sammys are slow at lead in and usually end up at or close to your write speed. So I set sometimes to 16x to get 12x. Pioneer though goes straight to rate and stays there. I like that about the Pionerr derives.

if you add the drive name rather than the media id, yes.

Likewise, you can add 'DVD-R' and it'll burn all DVD-R (that aren't otherwise specified) at whatever speed you select.

uhm, where should i put the drive name exactly?

in my opinion, Pioneers are top noch!!!

I have to admit I do like that about them also. They do run into some firmware issues now and then, but I'll say they're pretty solid. The Sammy's are good too.

Oh btw. In AWS just click on the drive it'll be listed and hit update. Do the same for the write rate. There you could also do what Lightning suggested. It's pretty much autopilot ImgBurn is. Not that much one needs to play with to use it best.

Edited by dr_ml422

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.