Skip Further on Read Errors

twipley

Hello. I've burnt this XVID DVD with data verification. Upon verification, "failed to read sector 2,066,xxx," I press continue, and upon the fifth time (or multiples of five), it prompts something like "automatically press continue for you, so you don't have to manually press continue each time a read error is found?"

Thing is, I now know that file 05 wasn't written correctly, which is good to know. But, I'm also interested to know if file 06 also suffers from the same problem! But that file is 10k sectors away, so by the speed it is going it will take an hour at least to get to the next file (20 read sectors possessing CRC or ECC errors per minute). What may be useful, is instead, or in addition to asking me whether I want to switch to the "automatic" mode, for the program too to ask me whether I'd like to skip a custom number of sectors. Or else, what might be useful is for the program to offer the user the choice to verify 1/100 or 1/1000 sector, because what an user like me is really interested in is not having sectors 2,066,000 to 2,200,000 tested, but to know when the corrupt sectors approximately ends. Because in the present case an user like me had no choice but to cancel the verification operation, without knowing if file 05 alone is problematic, or if the problem has spread itself to files 06, 07, 08, 09, and 10 too. Because if the only problematic file is the fifth one, I'll keep the disc, but if the problem was localized on a few thousand sectors the disc is still fine for me to be used, especially when it's not an important of a disc, because a few thousand badly written sectors on a movie is not the end of the world.

Ths isn't something I'll implement, sorry.

Either you're anal about errors or you're not.

Either is passes verification or it fails and 1 error = failure.

If you don't care about it failing, why bother in the first place? Just chuck it in your player and see if it works that way.

Use a decent drive and media and then you wouldn't have to worry.

I am totally anal. Further, I somehow understand your point of view. I am anal so I will get rid of that disc.

EDIT: ImgBurn is neat software, by the way. Kudos to LIGHTNING UK! !!! ;)

Edited by twipley

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.