Option to preserve AWS database on uninstall

scuzzy

After my recent tests of the Implementation ID handling with ISOs created by mkisofs, which involved uninstalling 2.4.4.0 and reinstalling 2.4.2.0, I seem to have lost the contents of my ImgBurn "automatic write speed" database, built up over some time.

I'm guessing the uninstall routine just blows it away ...

If I'm right, could the uninstaller perhaps be made to prompt as to whether or not the AWS database should be preserved ... perhaps in %username%\Application Data\ImgBurn (which seems to get preserved anyway) instead of Program Files\ImgBurn (the current default for AWS import/export operations) ?

That's why there's Import/Export buttons in the Automatic Write Speed dialog.

I'm sure it is :rolleyes: .... but that's not much consolation if you didn't remember to think about that before uninstalling :doh:

As I noted, I did look into the Import/Export functionality ... but rather too late in the day :blush2:

It's just a thought ... in the interests of furthering the general wonderful-saving-us-from-shooting-our-own-feet policy. BTW, on second thoughts I wouldn't suggest an uninstaller prompt, rather a less obtrusive but still-helpful-reminder checkbox on the uninstall dialog box.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.