Not Compatible Mode

Cheddars

Verbatim disk, +R, burn movie, put it into panasonic player (5 disc type with round tray) plugged into new Samsung TV using the Green, Blue, Red components. Disk starts to play on the player but get error on screen saying not Compatible Mode. You can hear the audio playing over speakers while movie is playing but error message. Burn at the 4x speed. Any suggestions appreciated. The burn is from a PAL movie so could be that is the issue but plays great on my Samsung player which is NTSC. The Panasonic is older model. The interface is STPI Microsoft. Here is the log:

I 18:24:35 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 18:24:35 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 18:24:35 Total Physical Memory: 2,604,264 KB - Available: 1,972,900 KB

I 18:24:35 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:24:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:24:35 Found 2 DVD

Instead of downloading the PAL version, go buy an NTSC one. What you describe is exactly that problem and the older player probably only plays NTSC.

Plus, with a download, you gets what you pays for, in terms of quality etc. And this is from region 5! (Russia and Africa).

In any event, this is not an ImgBurn problem - the burn is a good one. Your source is the problem. If you have a burning problem with ImgBurn, then raise the topic here. If you have a problem cos your download doesn't work, well, we can't help you.

Regards

Instead of downloading the PAL version, go buy an NTSC one. What you describe is exactly that problem and the older player probably only plays NTSC.

Plus, with a download, you gets what you pays for, in terms of quality etc. And this is from region 5! (Russia and Africa).

In any event, this is not an ImgBurn problem - the burn is a good one. Your source is the problem. If you have a burning problem with ImgBurn, then raise the topic here. If you have a problem cos your download doesn't work, well, we can't help you.

Regards

Usually do buy them but my cousin is a motorhead and not capable of going to the theater for that very reason (car accident) so he asked if I could get him the film and I tried. Frankly the quality was not that good, but I told him I would try. Thanks for the help.

Thanks mmalves for the firmware update suggestion. Appreciate the help.

Edited by Cheddars

The firmware update won't help a bit.

And that movie is just released. If it's not already out, I'm sure it will be soon.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.