Shutdown Error

Steelo

When trying to burn an image, made from dvd shrink (Ver. 3.2.0.15), with ImgBurn 1.2.0.0 and checking the "shutdown computer" option.........the computer hanged and displayed the following error message. After clicking the "OK" button, ImgBurn completed shutdown. Any ideas as to what this means? When I had the first build of ImgBurn, it had no problem completing shutdown after burning the same type of *.iso.

shutdownerror2if.jpg

Lg dvdram GSA-4163B ( DVD-burner)

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

LanParty UT nf3 250gb

AMD Athlon 64 3700

1gb DDR400 Corsair RAM

NVIDIA nForce3 250 Parallel ATA Controller (v2.6)

NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller (v2.6) (2x)

NVIDIA NForce ATA RAID Class Controller

NVIDIA STRIPE 558.92G [Hard drive] (600.13 GB) -- drive 2

ST3200822A [Hard drive] (200.05 GB) -- drive 0,

WDC WD2500JB-00GVC0 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 1, rev 08.02D08

Roxio SoftScsi Host Adapter

ST3300831AS (2x)

XMASSCSI SCSI Controller

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (2x)

This is a new thing in 1.2.0.0, that's why you've not had a problem with it before.

This is one of those things I don't think anyone ever really tested!

I never shut this pc down unless I REALLY have to.

I'll take a closer look at the code and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Killjoy, That problem will be/ is fixed in the next release of Imgburn. Unlike others though, I have not had any issues with this problem. :/ I'm sure it won't be too long before the next version is released and everyone can update to the latest version. :)

Killjoy, That problem will be/ is fixed in the next release of Imgburn. Unlike others though, I have not had any issues with this problem. :/ I'm sure it won't be too long before the next version is released and everyone can update to the latest version. :)

I sure hope so, considering that was fixed almost instantly :P

Sorry, I misundertood Lightning UK's post. I thought he meant that he already fixed the problem in version 1.2.1.0... For now, I am installing both 1.1.0.0 & 1.2.0.0. I am keeping the new one in the ImgBurn directory and the old one in the DVD Decrypter directory.

I only use the shutdown when I process DVDs with Shrink over night. BTW, what is the Reserve Track feature??

• 3 weeks later...

I just signed on to this forum and this is my first post. I really just wanted to stress how unhappy I am with this shutdown error. For me this is a major problem and inconvinence. You see I work nights and I used to like to set up a dvd to burn that I already ripped and then have my computer shutdown when it is finished working. I hate coming home to see my computer still running for 8 hours because of this bug that won't let image burn shutdown my computer after it is finished burning my dvd. I thought this problem would have been fixed by now, but sadly it hasn't. I'd really really appreciate it if you could spend some time fixing this bug even if it means releasing another updated version. I'm sure there are people who don't care as someone listed above, but I care and this is an important feature to me that I'd like to use successfully sometime soon. Thank you. :/

Billy, Welcome to the forum. This problem with shutdown has been fixed for the next version release. The new version will be out just as soon as LUK and the Beta Team are absolutely sure its working top notch and all the bugs from the current version are solved. Please have patience, the new version will be worth the wait, I'm sure............... :shifty::thumbup:

I just signed on to this forum and this is my first post. I really just wanted to stress how unhappy I am with this shutdown error. For me this is a major problem and inconvinence. . I hate coming home to see my computer still running for 8 hours because of this bug that won't let image burn shutdown my computer after it is finished burning my dvd. I thought this problem would have been fixed by now, but sadly it hasn't. I'd really really appreciate it if you could spend some time fixing this bug even if it means releasing another updated version. I'm sure there are people who don't care as someone listed above, but I care and this is an important feature to me that I'd like to use successfully sometime soon. Thank you.

A major problem and inconvinence ,you're truly blessed if that constitutes a "major problem " :lol: .My computer has been running for 6-8 YEARS barring the shut downs for poweroutages due to hurricanes ,tornados ,reboots for windows :o to properly install software/hardware and a truly sucky power company :angry: .Hang in there LUK is tenatious when it comes to his second child and as the problems are found they are fixed and cool new features added all the time when all seems well then the new version is released

there aren't any real release dates its more like test the betas try to find stuff that doesn't work right or in many cases have forum members find things from a release, post a bug then Luk works on that checks his coding then double checks stuff, impliments suggestions from members where he can then that gets checked again with beta testers and IMGburn members using all sorts of different drives and then when all looks good a newer version is released and the process basically starts again so its not like an anouncement stating the new version will be out on such and such a date its no different than the old forum

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.