io error

pumplewis

look in task manager during the burn and see what the cpu usage is at.

If DMA is the issue then it'll be really high.

If it's on 0 - 5% then that can't be it.

How are the buffer levels during the burn? Are they both at 100% all the time?

It is weird....Since I updated the firmware the % of completion moves (very sow, takes 6 hours to complete) and it never did that before with these discs however the device buffer never moves. It stays at 0 the whole time. The "buffer" starts at 100 and stays there for a few minutes (5-10) then drope down to about 53 %. It takes for ever to try and go on the internet or do anything on the computer when I am burning. The burning aso gives me the same error as before after its done (6 hours later). Before I updated the firmware it would just give me the error right away and show 0% for completion the whole time and the rest of my computer would run normal. I also find that when I try and burn now that my Virus scan comes on and starts scanning my computer and I cant close it until I stop the burn. I cant find the computer usage in controll panel, part of the problem is that the computer runs so slow it takes to long to do anything. I hope this helps to give you an idea of the problem............

I said Task Manager, not Control Panel.

Just right click the task bar (where the application buttons get put) and you'll see it on the context menu.

That or press CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE.

Are you using a decent 80 wire cable for the drive?

Is the drive set on 'Master' via the jumpers on the back?

Is the drive on the same cable as anything else?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.