Layer Break question

dudewithasquare

Ok, I successfully burned a DVD+R DL and it works like a dandy in my old standalone player, no skips that I saw or anything like that :). I now want to try editing the DVD a little, like taking out annoying screens or previews, etc. I figure I'll use pgcedit for that as well as making the ISO for imgburn. My question is about the layer break for an edited project like this. I have just been burning ISOs from file rips of dvd decrypter and the layer break flag is still intact and I leave it when asked where to put it before burning. I figure the break should be changed when I take out stuff, so how exactly do I know where to put it? Do I remove the old flag first before creating the ISO? Will pgcedit and/or imgburn put the flag where it should be, or do I have to do some things to figure out where it should go? I figure in pgcedit, no colored areas will appear to know where the recommended place it, so I am just curious about how to do this, or if I even need to worry about this. Thanks for any help.

If I change the files so they just skip over stuff, should I delete the actual content I skip over or just leave it on the DVD? I figure if I leave it on the layer break wouldn't change, which is why I am asking if this is a good idea or not. Also, do I take off the layer break flag off if I delete out other stuff, or just leave it and it will get changed automatically or when it asks me where to set it? Thanks.

No offence but you're better off asking the 'stripping' question in the PgcEdit forum over at doom9.org.

AFAIK, when PgcEdit goes to make the ISO it'll give you a list of potential layerbreak positions for you to choose from. It'll then sort out the layerbreak flags. If you want to remove them manually to start with, that's up to you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.