DVD player/Burner

kschwi

Hi,

I had my My Toshiba DVD player/burner for 6 months now and have no problems up until this week.

I regularly DVR items on my DISH receiver and then play them while burning them onto a DVD-R using my Toshiba DVD Burner. The last 2 times I've done this I have gotten an error telling me I cannot record to this disk at around the 1:50 minute mark. I usually get 2 hours to 2 hours and 10 minutes on a blank DVD-R. I know it could be the blank Sony DVD-Rs I am using, but could it be a problem with my Toshiba unit? The program did burn the 1:50 minutes but was just a few minutes short of complete.

Any thoughts?

All you can do is try some other discs.

Get some Verbatim DVD+R's or some Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's instead.

Thanks, I'll try that. The other odd thing is that the disks are then unable to be finalized nor can I delete any of the titles. Is there any way to fix this? It seems a waste to toss a disk with an 1:50 minutes of stuff on it.

Thanks, I'll try that. The other odd thing is that the disks are then unable to be finalized nor can I delete any of the titles. Is there any way to fix this? It seems a waste to toss a disk with an 1:50 minutes of stuff on it.

I used to be like that with COAL :teehee:

I used to be like that with COAL :teehee:

Is there anyway to check if the disk is salvageable?

-r or +r write once NO

Thanks. So I'm guessing if I can't finalize it maybe it is the disk not the DVD recorder?

The next 2 shows I recored was only 90 minutes and I had no problems at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.