file name stays

G-wing

I just wanted to let you know that I am new to burning DVD's. I did a lot of reading on the internet about what programs were best for burning that were for free. This name came up along with it's older counterpart.

My question is, "How come I can't delete the file name from my window after I burn the DVD? When you click on the browse for a file the last DVD that you burned shows up highlighted as if you were going to delete it. When you do delete, it still shows up. I've deleted the movie from my hard drive and it doesn't help. This is a great program for someone who has never done it before. I've thought about doing the work around for renaming it, to burn with shrink. (one step at a time thou)

Edited by G-wing

My question is, "How come I can't delete the file name from my window after I burn the DVD?

Which window? If it?s a ?Windows? window, hit F5 to refresh to see if it?s actually still there. If it IS still there, another program is using it (which stops you from deleting it). More info, please. What tools are running etc..

You mean within the 'Open File' dialog box?

It just defaults to putting name of the last file you burnt in the 'name' area. It's no big deal and it doesn't mean anything.

If you REALLY can't live with it being there you'll have to remove the ISOWRITE_MRUFile entry in the registry within the ImgBurn key.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.