Tracking Servo Failure Error

Big Big Nose

Keep on getting the tracking servo error when trying to Burn ISO to dvd. Tried this 3 times both on DVD decrypter and IMG burn all pulling up the same error. Im not sure if its the source in which is stopping the burn, the media or if its hardware related.

I'm using Maxell R+ with 1 - 16 x write speed. I also have some immatation dvd's but wanted to use the maxell up first, plus don't want to waste anymore. The maxells did work on a previous drive and i upgraded to this newer drive and it's not completeing the burn. This is just for ISO's as it has burnt when using Convert X to DVD without any issues.

Also when copying the disk, the drive is only reading between 1.8 and 5.4 speed, any help would be most appreciated. Heres the log:

I 20:04:40 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 20:04:40 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 20:04:40 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,044 KB - Available: 641,628 KB

I 20:04:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:04:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:04:40 Found 1 DVD

I 20:21:16 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 20:21:16 Write Speed: MAX

Try burning at 8x or 12x and it should work. If it doesn't try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks and it'll work :thumbup:

Tried 8x speed write and 12x speed write and neither wrote the iamge, im gunna do some hardware test, im gunna remove teh drive from my pc and put it in another machine tosee if it will write the iso to disk, then i know if its my pc or the drive, so i can take action with the supplier of the drive. Friggin ebuyer liabilities right there. urgh, i'll post the result.

Right, well after a hair tearing/ripping out session turns out it wasn't the media, it wasn't the software either img burn worked an absolute treat and i cannot fault it what so ever. It was the drive, tried numerous times on my machine which is getting on a bit, (however has sata ports) then tried the same drive on a brand new (relatively new) dell dimension E520 same result, as listed above. Gave up and tried it's original drive thinking it might of been the iso. Original dvd rewriter wrote first time using the original dvd's (Maxell).

So what have I learnt from this, IMG burner is friggin sweet. XD and ebuyer is crapper than a sewer and a very rude phone call is going to be made. I want compensation as this is the 5th, yes thats right 5th item I have had to send back this month! I am so cross but IMG burner makes up for it. Thank you and sorry for wasting anybodys time.

BBN

Edited by Big Big Nose

Well I didn't think I bought a shoddy drive in the first, i mean on ebuyer itself it has 7 good reviews for the product. So i dunno, i thought lg were good enough to rely but maybe they just make crappy drives. It wasn't even copying the disks at 16x read speed, i think i need to test out a copy and burn using the dell's E520 drive which to the bargain i think is pioneer. But cba to take them both apart again, tonight. Anyway heres the spec of the drive that is the issue.

Product Description LG GH22NS40 Super Multi - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM drive - Serial ATA

Device Type DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM drive

Enclosure Colour Black

Interface Serial ATA

Dimensions (WxDxH) 14.6 cm x 17 cm x 4.1 cm

Weight 0.8 kg

Optical Storage DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - 5.25" x 1/2H

Read Speed 48x (CD) / 16x (DVD)

Write Speed 48x (CD) / 22x (DVD±R) / 12x (DVD-R DL) / 16x (DVD+R DL)

CD / DVD Rewrite Speed 32x (CD) / 6x (DVD-RW) / 8x (DVD+RW) / 12x (DVD-RAM)

Buffer Underrun Protection Built-in

Here's a direct link to the item. Ebuyer Poo

Edited by Big Big Nose

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.