Dual Layer Issues Windows 7

jimmy06

Ever since installing windows 7 every burn fails at the same place regardless of what i try to burn. I even brought a new drive because i though this may be the issue. Verbatim disks even fail but i refuse to fix tis problem buy burning threw hundreds of expensive disks :D

Drives tried are

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D 1.09 (ATA)

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-215D Latest (ATA)

I 11:57:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 11:57:42 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7100)

I 11:57:42 Total Physical Memory: 4,193,592 KB - Available: 2,532,948 KB

I 11:57:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:57:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:57:45 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

Edited by jimmy06

Hi and welcome to the forum, jimmy06! :)

Have you tried another speed - like 4x?

I normally burn at 2.4x and the whole thing takes around 45 mins. i think the auto speed was a misclick. It was only a test run for the log as i'd tried a new install

How long ago did you upgrade to windows 7? When i did a test upgrade i had so many problems actually even finding the DVD drive and was forced to go back to xp. Windows 7 even though being better than vista already is still full of bugs which need to be fixed, which makes sense in why the dvd isn't fully burning to the disc. If it has been doing this ever since you installed 7 then test out your drives on a different machine with a older Windows OS to see if the drive is at fault. If the drive works on a different OS then you know the OS is at fault and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Ever since installing windows 7....

i'm having the same problem! i've tried so many different media and settings and i just realised after finding your post that all my problems started when i formatted and installed win 7 from vista.

the error logged reads:

Failed to Write Sectors 1732544 - 1732575 - Reason: Peripheral Device Write Fault

and happens at 50% of the dual layer disc.

i wasted 10 discs and i feel like an idiot, so posting just to let others know it could be win 7 if you are having this problem.

BTW i have a SONY BDRW BWU-200S 1.0b in this machine for reference.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.