Power Calibration Area Error

Diccon

I have been successfully burning with ImgBurn using this media. All of a sudden I get a Power Calibration Area Error on every single attempt.

I read somewhere that the DVD firmware could be upgraded and I found a site offering a SC02 firmware download which it said ws for the TS-H652M, however when I tried to run the upgrade it said that it was not compatible with my drive.

So I am still no nearer to finding out why I can no longer burn videos to disc. Something must have changed, but I have no idea what. Here is my log (I cancelled this burn after two write attempts 'cos I know what happens next):

I 21:27:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 21:27:30 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 21:27:30 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,784 KB - Available: 1,084,580 KB

I 21:27:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:27:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:27:33 Found 1 DVD

If it has worked and then suddenly stops working in the middle of a disc spindle, it sounds as it's either

You should try a cleaning disc.

It happens at the early part of the burning stage - could try to see if DMA is still enabled. http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...dpost&p=967

The burner is dead and you need to get a new one.

If you have another brand of DVD media to try with, do a test with that media.

:)

If it has worked and then suddenly stops working in the middle of a disc spindle, it sounds as it's either

You should try a cleaning disc.

I had tried using a lens cleaner that I had, and it wouldn't work, so I had kind of moved on from thinking about that. But I revisited that option and lo & behold it worked.

Thanks for your advice, and the other advice which I thankfully didn't have to resort to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.