I/O Error

steom

yes i'm forced to use the promise for always bypass the starforce cd/dvd protection.

with the promise driver version 1.0.0.16 i can format the media with copytodvd & other cdburning software.

with imgburn it freeze/block my system at startup when it try to impost the dvd-book type.

with new drivers up to 1.0.0.28 i cannot format any media with any burning program.

I hoped you could help me.

So let me get this straight... You've got your ide drive on a 3rd party controller so you can bypass some protection scheme?!

Now that you've done this, your drive isn't working?

Well my advice would be to moan at promise for not making controllers / drivers that work properly.

Or, stop trying to bypass starforce and start using your pc as god had intended it to be used - i.e. without optical drives on 3rd party controllers!

So let me get this straight... You've got your ide drive on a 3rd party controller so you can bypass some protection scheme?!

Now that you've done this, your drive isn't working?

Well my advice would be to moan at promise for not making controllers / drivers that work properly.

Or, stop trying to bypass starforce and start using your pc as god had intended it to be used - i.e. without optical drives on 3rd party controllers!

Amen to that! :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.