on the last step but confusing popup!

sisozuki

Ok I HAVE read the guide. I HAVE looked for a similar thread. Now can I ask my question?

I followed all the steps to burning dvd file that I had previously converted from wmv to dvd( ifo, vob.bup all that stuff)

then when I press the last button to burn , a pop up comes up that asks "You've only selected 1 folder, containing just dvd video files. Does the new dvd folder represent what should be a VIDEO_TS folder in the root directory of the image. (otherwise the new dvd folder will be visible in the root directory of the image.)"

then option is press yes no or cancel.

What does this mean!!!! I am soo frustrated I have been trying to figure out how to burn for months!! i need some dvds for a loooong plane ride. help!!

I 13:03:16 Operation Started!

I 13:03:16 Source Device: [1:0:0] TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A DE04 (D:) (ATA)

I 13:03:16 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 13:03:16 Image File: -==/\/[bUILD IMAGE]\/\==-

I 13:03:16 Image File Sectors: 121,360 (MODE1/2048)

I 13:03:16 Image File Size: 248,545,280 bytes

I 13:03:16 Image File Volume Identifier: mio

I 13:03:16 Image File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.4.4.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 13:03:16 Image File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 13:03:17 Image File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 13:03:17 Read Speed (Data/Audio): MAX / MAX

I 13:03:17 Verifying Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 121359)

I 13:03:17 Verifying Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 121359)

I 13:03:55 Exporting Graph Data...

I 13:03:55 Graph Data File: C:\Documents and Settings\Ashfour\Application Data\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\TSSTcorp_DVD+-RW_TS-H553A_DE04_THURSDAY-MAY-28-2009_1-01_PM_MCC-004-00_16x.ibg

I 13:03:55 Export Successfully Completed!

I 13:03:55 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:38

I 13:03:55 Average Verify Rate: 6,387 KB/s (4.6x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 7,795 KB/s (5.6x)

I 13:04:23 Project Saved Successfully!

I 13:04:23 File Name: C:\Documents and Settings\Ashfour\Application Data\ImgBurn\Project Files\mio 2nd try.ibb

I 13:04:26 Close Request Acknowledged

I 13:04:26 Closing Down...

I 13:04:26 Shutting down SPTI...

I 13:04:26 ImgBurn closed!

Might be that you have the bit setting (book type) option enabled. DVD-ROM usually works better on older players, but should be no problem on later ones.

Edit: You burner is by default book typed by the program when you burn +R media.

:)

Can you post the log of that burned disc?

Not sure why you need to change it. The issue of not wanting to read the burned disc, sounds as it's not related to the book type setting. More of a bad burn.

in imgburn, when i insert the burnt disc, under device it says (last recorded booktype: dvd rom)

I'm not able to change the booktype because I cant find my manufacturer under the available options. I have a dell desktop

Edited by sisozuki

If I understand you. You can insert the burned disc and it tells you it's a DVD-ROM. I don't see that as a problem.

What is the real problem? That you can't play the disc?

If you insert the burned disc and open Windows Explorer, can you then see a VIDEO_TS folder with some .ifo/.bup/.vob files inside?

With what program do you try to play it on the computer?

If you have Windows Media Player installed. Browse to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and right click on that file and select play with Windows Media Player (or your own software player).

The stand alone player, you know if it will play burned discs?

I inseert the disc , choose run, choose d:\ the files come up. several of them some vob some ifo... I tried to click on each individual one and selct win. med. player and it opens it up but does not display the video. only a screen with the name on it. ( the one I created when i converted the files from wmv to dvd video.

also my dvd player says it plays dvd+-r, dvd +-rw

And why is it displaying dvd-rom could that be why my portable cant read it?

Edited by sisozuki

I have used dvd flick , saved iso then burned on imgburn.

Ihave also used another converter "videos to dvd by koyote soft"

I have even tried another. each time trying to burn to imgburn. I know I have to be doing something wrong. Iam so dissapointed, I have been working for months to figure this out. I need to be able to do this for my kids. Please help me.

Try using convertxtodvd. www.vso-software.fr

You can tell it to NOT burn the disc and instead just create the VIDEO_TS folder.

Then drag that to ImgBurn's 'Source' box and burn. (as per the guides)

If your files worked properly in the first place you'd have this done by now. It's simple and should take a couple of hours for a newbie, not months!

I dont know what it is , but it worked!!! I have been trying for so long it has brought me to tears. I thank you so much , you dont know how hard it has been trying to figure this out. I guess the problem was with the converting . I was hopind dvd flick sould work since its free and it doesnt leave a watermark. But I'm just glad i have something on dvd that my player can read. Thank you . Thank you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.