Finalised Disk Failed! Error on Wii Game Backup Copy

Image burn went through the entire process almost of backing up my Wii game but when it gets to finalizing the disk this error comes up and I can not figure out how to get the disk to finalize, can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I am new to all this and don't know much. Thanks!

Error reads:

Finalized Disk Failed!

Device: [0:0:0] Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8515 1.50 (F:) (ATA)

Reason: Cannot write medium - incompatible format

A log from that burn would be more helpful. Copy from the Log window (which you shouldn't have closed :P ) or, if you closed ImgBurn after that, look in the Help menu.

Here is a copy from the Image Burn Log on the issue. Sorry for the confusion, like I said I am new to all of this and Thanks a bunch for your help.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Sunday, 31 May 2009, 18:28:11

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 10:27:40 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 10:27:40 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 10:27:40 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,748 KB - Available: 971,144 KB

I 10:27:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:27:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:27:40 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I 10:28:32 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

Junk media on a laptop burner is never a good combination. Try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks and it should work :thumbup:

Ok it did finalize the disk so that process works but I put it in the Wii to make sure it plays and the Wii says Unable to read the disk. I don't know what to do, can you please tell me what I need to do, I thought this was supposed to work with out the modchip for the Wii?

I thought this was supposed to work with out the modchip for the Wii?

Who told you that?

I 10:28:32 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

Crap media, get some good stuff.

I used a Verbatim DVD for the burn like the person suggested earlier? What disks should I be using? Here is a copy from the log.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Sunday, 31 May 2009, 22:07:45

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 21:49:14 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 21:49:14 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 21:49:14 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,748 KB - Available: 1,122,752 KB

I 21:49:15 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:49:15 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:49:15 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

and now you've aborted the verify so we can't see if it burnt correctly!

btw, the backups will never play on a standard wii console.

It'll be expecting an original / pressed disc and if it doesn't get one it'll tell you to get lost.

So even it is backed up and burned correctly my Wii will still not play the disk? So I need to purchase the ModChip? Im confused and not good at this stuff I thought this was supposed to work without the ModChip. I guess I also didn't realize that I needed to put the disk back in to be verified, I just thought because the program ejected the disk it was done? I will retry AGAIN! But do I need to buy the chip?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.