Build simple UDF/ISO file system ISOs?

Darkfalz

I've searched in vain for a simple freeware that can build a simple UDF/ISO file system. One of the problems I keep running into the problem that files over 1GB don't work on UDF (CDRWin) - so I'm still using ISO, but that limits to 2GB (mkisofs doesn't support over 2GB on UDF either).

Maybe you can add the support to this? I would assume the basic groundwork of UDF/ISO file system is there, from DVD Decrypter days.

There was never any groudwork in DVD Decrypter for image building.

You're confusing it with just reading the disc sector by sector to create an image.

This is the next big thing I'll work on. No idea how long it'll take though :(

Great

I think it will be worth the wait. :)

Thanks.

Do you know of a program which can build UDF/ISO9660 bridge with support over 2GB? Which isn't just a frontend for mkisofs (which doesn't work over 2GB anyway).

Actually I found one ages ago, but it was bloated and slow as hell and I've forgotten the name.

Edited by Darkfalz

What kind of incentive is needed to have on-the-fly UDF/ISO creation+burning added into this app? (i.e. drop some files into it and have it burn it). Nero sucks, and all these frontends for mkisofs are garbage not to mention i don't want to waste 2x the space for a ISO image. Oh, and it should properly support joliet/unicode, Nero is on v7 and still can't handle japanese filenames inside ISO properly. Piece of crap.

Can I send you $100 and have this feature added reasonably soon?

I don't work like that timecop.

I can't say how well my implementation will work. Chances are it too will not support unicode as the rest of my program doesn't.

Stick to the big boys software for that kinda stuff.

There is no "big boys software" for this kind of stuff.

The only app I've seen that properly handles unicode/japanese filenames out of the box is UltraISO.

What makes you dislike unicode? Are you still trying to support Win9x?

It's not that bad to implement even in fairly large projects which have begun their life as ANSI.

It is when you're using Borland!

The thought of changing all my instances of AnsiString to WideString scares me!

Not only that, WideString isn't/wasn't fully implemented in BCB 6. There are functions available to AnsiString that aren't in there for WideString.

It would be a project in itself to do it and not one I'd see any benefit from. It is an english only app after all.

It is when you're using Borland!

The thought of changing all my instances of AnsiString to WideString scares me!

Not only that, WideString isn't/wasn't fully implemented in BCB 6. There are functions available to AnsiString that aren't in there for WideString.

It would be a project in itself to do it and not one I'd see any benefit from. It is an english only app after all.

waah? delphi?

And here I was hoping, oh well back to searching for a proper nero replacement..

• 2 weeks later...
I've searched in vain for a simple freeware that can build a simple UDF/ISO file system. One of the problems I keep running into the problem that files over 1GB don't work on UDF (CDRWin) - so I'm still using ISO, but that limits to 2GB (mkisofs doesn't support over 2GB on UDF either).

Maybe you can add the support to this? I would assume the basic groundwork of UDF/ISO file system is there, from DVD Decrypter days.

Hi LightningUK,

Did is that fonction Called "Mode" ISO, Read/Write and the previous software DVDecryptor?

Thanks For your time, and Good to see you back!!

:o --> :huh: --> :P --> :lol: --> :w00t: --> :wub: --> :thumbup:

Euh, just to told you that function is verry helpfull in the past. Many People that i know use DVD Decryptor in the past use that. Me personnally.

Edited by 8ternity

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.