Spindle Servo Failure?

Nicholas 1

So every disc, be it a burnt one, a pressed original or a blank always makes the drive return that error?

Try a cleaning disc on the drive and then consider the drive might just be broken - send it back to Sony.

1. Yes.

2. Ok thanks.

Regards!

I didn't get a chance to clean the Matshita RAM drive today, which I shall do tomorrow.

When I click on the drive with a pressed media in, it displays a " I/O device error".

Hypothetically if the drive is dead what options do I have to replace it?

What brand, type should I look for.........coz Sony wants to put another Matshita one which I don't like, it hardly can read write all media........very picky.

What variables should I look for like voltage consumption, pin connector, a drive that would fit in it's place...slim slot loading.

What other brands are available in slim slot loading?

Thanks.

Nicholas.

If Sony are giving you another drive, just take what they offer.

You can always buy a new external drive.

LIGHTNING UK.........Sony ain't giving it free........they wanna install the same hardware if its dead........so why pay Sony & get another Matshita, Kindly suggest some other brands that would fit.

Thanks!

The best solution for lap tops seems to be to get a good IDE connected burner and place it an USB box. Those half heights burners have all their share part of problems.

:)

The best solution for lap tops seems to be to get a good IDE connected burner and place it an USB box. Those half heights burners have all their share part of problems.

Can I use my Sony DRX-S70U usb burner in its place?

What exactly do you mean............buy a normal IDE DVD burner & convert it into a usb one ............correct............they place it in a casing........but would it connect to the cable & would the voltage be same?

Thanks.

What brand would you recommend for a IDE converted USB burner?

What exactly do you mean............buy a normal IDE DVD burner & convert it into a usb one ............correct............they place it in a casing........but would it connect to the cable & would the voltage be same?

Something like this one. Put a normal IDE burner in it. Most of them have a separate power cable to be connected.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...amp;lid=1022061

Something like this one. Put a normal IDE burner in it. Most of them have a separate power cable to be connected.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...amp;lid=1022061

Thanks I got it............its for $ 60/- here with a IDE burner...........Samsung.

Can't a USB be converted to an IDE...........vice versa...........like an IDE to a USB?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.