Spindle Servo Failure?

Nicholas 1

Hi there,

I am being offered a Panasonic UJA-90 internal optical drive for 80 bucks..............coz Matshita UJ 846S is DEAD...............can't find it reviews on the net.....may be I'm typing the wrong model.....but they say it's Panasonics one of the newer slim slot multi drive..........should I go for it?

Secondly what excatly does the following mean?

What's the interface?

The native interface for a slimline drive is a xx pin d-sub that carries signal and power.

I have an adapter that breaks out the d-sub to standatd PATA signal and 4 pin power.

If it's a desktop and not a laptop then the front panel issue is probably moot.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I am being offered a Panasonic UJA-90 internal optical drive for 80 bucks..............coz Matshita UJ 846S is DEAD...............can't find it reviews on the net.....may be I'm typing the wrong model.....but they say it's Panasonics one of the newer slim slot multi drive..........should I go for it?

What's the interface?

The native interface for a slimline drive is a xx pin d-sub that carries signal and power.

I have an adapter that breaks out the d-sub to standatd PATA signal and 4 pin power.

Thanks!

Either PATA or SATA so your replacement needs to match that of which your laptop uses eg the current writers interface ide/parallel -pata serial / sata

Hi there,

What's the interface?

Thanks!

Either PATA or SATA so your replacement needs to match that of which your laptop uses eg the current writers interface ide/parallel -pata serial / sata

Thanks......

I thinks the default Matshita UJ-846-S was a IDE drive.......using a 40 pin connector...........most likely its a PATA??

They are offering me a Panasonic UJ-870, which I declined.......did I do the right thing.......cause I am done with Matshita/Panasonic .......poor quality, no support?

What other brand IDE/ATAPI slim, slot loading multi super drive do you recommend..........the best in your opinion.

Can I install an IDE tray type lapto drive to it.......with a 40 pin connector on end end & xx pin for the drive & which brands?

Could I install a SATA drive, any davatage of it over IDE?

I like my USB Sony DRX-S70U drive.........can I find a similar in function, in slot slim loading or tray type IDE?

Hoping to hear from you,

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I gotta a free Pansonic/Matshita UJ-870 QF (what ImageBurn displays) Tray loading drive from Sony........manufactured 2009......in Philipines......Firmware is 1.00......Image Burn displays that their is a newer firmware 1.01 at Firmware HQ......although on the drive its labeled......Panasonic/Matshita UJ- 870 S......should I flash it??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.