Multiple Recorders support?

Guest seseberg

Guest seseberg

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to use ImgBurn to burn 2 or 3 cd's in the same time if you have like 3 asus dvd writers? this feature is so cool and handy for people who need to do like 500 copies of some disk, and dont want to have to do them all one by one, but rather have the proccess speeded up using Multiple Recorders at once.

Nero has this feature, and it is absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please, someone. Thank you!!!!!!!

(I'd even donate to see this implemented)

• 3 weeks later...

I have used ImgBurn on a laptop to burn two DVD's at the same time.

You have to use two instances of ImgBurn, ie OPEN the Program Twice.

I was using Vista home premium with only 2gig of ram and only a single hard drive.

Once I thought that it would work BEST by burning two different ISO images to DVD

so that if the external drive got ahead of the internal drive, there wouldnt be

thrashing of the hard drive to provide data for both as they would be trying to

read different parts of the same file eventually as the faster one got ahead.

Well, That didnt seem to be the case when I tried burning the SAME ISO file.

It didnt change the speed of the burning for either drive at all. I usually burn

somewhat slowly so 15 minutes for a DVD on the laptop and 6 Minutes for the

external DVD. I always let them verify and when I am burning the SAME ISO

to different drives I wait until the slower one is done burning and then switch

the disks in the drives so I am verifying with one drive what the other one wrote.

It seemed to allay my fears about high speed writing so now I only use the internal

one when I'm not near the external.

I have a belkin USB network drive box which allows USB devices to be connected to

the network and although I wouldnt trust the combination of Vista and Itunes with my

music collection over it anymore I would say it works well with ImgBurn which is nice.

:sidebar1:

You cant allow vista's indexer to be on when moving wav files with itunes because

vista is stupid and wants to index the CONTENTS of a wav file... :). Vista's USB

hard drive performance is already bad, adding the remote Network attached USB

only made things worse. I had to disable the indexer, disable short 8dot3 filename

creation and also last-access-date timestamping in Vista. This and housebreaking

the indexer or banishing it stops the infamous green-ribbon-of-death crash that

vista is infamous for. Not many people see it, but it is a problem for Vista.

:end:

I will be testing ImgBurn with both Win7 RC and Win7 RC1:Build7264 and the wireless

network usb with BOTH recorders and then More recorders simultaneously so I will be back

with news about how well it all works with them soon. The belkin box has 5 USB 2 ports

but it actually can work with lots more things plugged into it because unlike some

simple NAS-like options on some wap-routers which cant have a hub plugged into

the usb ports, each port on the belkin box allows a hub, as long as you have enough

power. I have used both powered and unpowered hubs on the box and as long as

it's usb 2.0 it runs nice. I'll let you know how many disks I can burn at once.

I'm sure wireless speed may be the only limiting factor. Its nice to have a great

free program able to burn on multiple burners like ImgBurn can. I dont really have

all that great of a laptop, it's not a Lenovo its just an HP, but I can do two hard drives

in it if I buy some silly adapter frame.

I'm recommending Imgburn to everyone, and to make a donation!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.