Allow DOS/ASCII Characters in ISO9660 Labels if DOS/ASCII is Set

Erton

Perhaps it is easy to implement it or maybe not, but I think it would be a great improvement to your program: Allow DOS/ASCII Characters in ISO9660 Labels if DOS/ASCII is Set, because if one is already allowing DOS/ASCII characters in the file system, why do not the labels?

Another thing I wanted to ask why it is so if one leaves the Volumes Identifiers in white, 2 of them are filled with:

Volume Set: UNDEFINED

Application: IMGBURN V2.4.4.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

respectively, it would be nice to come pre-filled data and if one could remove what I want, not vice versa. In addittion could be implemented to filling the data: Copyright, Abstract and Bibliographic who would like to fill them.

Greetings from Chile!!!

You have a valid point about the file system restrictions applying to the volume label too, I'll see what I can do.

'Volume Set' is supposed to contain something, so if you leave it blank that's what gets put in it.

Application gets filled how it does because it's my program (so I can do what I like!) and if not otherwise specified, it's good to have the real name of the program that built the file system in that field. It's useful in case there are any problems with it, then you know who to contact etc.

The final 3 fields you mentioned are a waste of time (and GUI space). Nobody ever even sees some of the ones I include now, but at least they're semi interesting.

• 1 month later...
'Volume Set' is supposed to contain something, so if you leave it blank that's what gets put in it.

Application gets filled how it does because it's my program (so I can do what I like!) and if not otherwise specified, it's good to have the real name of the program that built the file system in that field. It's useful in case there are any problems with it, then you know who to contact etc.

you're absolutely right, in fact i know your program because that! I explain to you: i generally modify cds's images and once modified I like that there be the most similar possible to the original and your program is in fact the only one that allow.

The final 3 fields you mentioned are a waste of time (and GUI space). Nobody ever even sees some of the ones I include now, but at least they're semi interesting.

In the original microsoft iso images the fields are filled, and don't remember any other but they filled by others, games maybe?

Gretings from Chile

• 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.