video freezes

After burning my movies to a DVD disc some of them will get into movie (20 minutes or so) and the video freezes. Sometimes it only freezes for a few seconds other times it will go no further. Is this a conversion problem or a ImgBurner problem?

Walt

All together I have converted and burned this movie 3 times. the 3rd time was a charm and worked flawlessly in my DVD player. I'm from the USA so the media type suggested in the forum I've never heard about. I use Memorex DVD+R DL disks. I use 4.7 gb for the majority of my movies but the longer ones such as this one I use 8.5 gb dual layer disks. I use AVS Video Converter but first use a program called Virtualdubmod to change video file. I don't really understand what this program does it says it's dubbing but before I started using it AVS failed it's conversions 30% of the time. Now it's failure rate is about 3%. I like ImgBurner because I get a better percentage of good burns with it. The first 2 conversions appeared good when I looked inside the VIDEO_TS folder all the files appeared to be there and when I double clicked on the top VOB file the movie played OK. When I burned the movie the first 2 times it appeared to be a good burn all the icons on the left side of log window were blue, no yellow indicating a problem. I've also been having a problem with my int5ernet speed for the past month. The cable company has been out 3 timesw and is coming again today. Dell said I might have a problem with my OS. Maybe this is also causing me problems burning some of these movies. Below is the log for burning this movie the last time but since it was sucessful it probably won't tell you anything.

ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Sunday, 14 June 2009, 22:19:22

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 21:44:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 21:44:30 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 21:44:30 Total Physical Memory: 3,133,904 KB - Available: 1,636,768 KB

I 21:44:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:44:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:44:30 Found 1 DVD

W 21:46:03 User has ignored layer break options!

If it freezes playing at the middle then you know why :rolleyes:

By the way, you should leave Verify enabled, as that ensures the disc was correctly burned :thumbup:

When you burn a dual layer disc how are you suppose to set it up not to ignore layer breaks. The only way I could find to burn these disc's was to ignore it and it seems to work fine most of the time.

Walt

I did a search and found out all the information I need to burn dual layer disc's. The 2 options I was talking about were seamless & don't update ifo/bup files on the bottom right. According to the information I got I don't even use them. Thanks for everyones help, couldn't have figured it out without you.

Walt

If you have a recent DVD player - it's a nice thing to have the seam less option enabled. The option make the transition from one layer to the other layer invisible (no hack) during the playback.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.