skip burn sectors

Igors

Prompt please, can we realize the skip of the sectors with the recording? it would be great if you could make a window displaying the location of a sector recorded a visual file and would be able to specify a range of sectors in which to skip a physical record of their record on the disc. If this is really do think that many would say to you thank you very much.

You can't skip sectors when burning unless the format supports random writing (i.e. DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, BD-RE).

I get the impression that the OP is talking about the read mode, not the write mode. :bag:

I had to miss because of the recording sector.

I understand that this is impossible.

Is it possible to burn DVD-RAM in raw mode, which would spoil the header or ECC \ EDC?

or as it is possible to record in the future with unreadable sectors?

It is a pity. Have to the old-fashioned needle to make holes in the disk (: sorry, but when the expected new version presumably? Intolerable tested record of large (> 4gb) files in ISO mode .. (:

You can't skip sectors when burning unless the format supports random writing (i.e. DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, BD-RE).

Well, you don't have to skip sectors, couldn't you just burn dummy files to the bad sectors and continue the rest of the files on the "good" sectors?

If the sector is bad then the burner simply refuses burning it and returns a "write error"/similar error code.

With my burner the write process completes 100%, but when verifying the disc some bad sectors will be found. So the mentioned above is not allways the case?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.