Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed! - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

I get the error: "Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed! - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error" when I try to burn :(

Iv'e done this a lot of times and Iv'e tried to update to the latest firmware. Without luck...

Here's the log:

I 22:30:47 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 22:30:47 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 22:30:47 Total Physical Memory: 3.143.944 KB - Available: 1.475.976 KB

W 22:30:47 Drive L:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 22:30:47 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:30:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:30:47 Found 2 DVD

Edited by Avatar1301

no I don't...

BulqPack is just as good as Verbatim. Some of you just haven't figured it out yet. Sorry to say it

And for your information, iv'e never ever had a single bad burn with BulqPack...

Edited by Avatar1301

No it is't a good burn, because it haven't even started to burn yet...

Yes you have smartass...and that's when your burner barfed on the media;

W 22:31:46 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

If you know so much more than the :worthy: Boss :worthy: who pointed you to better media, and the Beta's, who pointed you to better media, than why the hell are you here? We help literally thousands of users a year, and practically all of that help starts with looking at the media, firmware and burner in use and then we go on from there. If you want to start out as a know-it-all asshole, go back to Nero or Sonic or Roxio or any of the other inferior burning programs out in cyber space and let us concentrate on the users who came here for real help and don't believe that they know the answers to their problems better than we do...fuckwit. <_<

chill out spinningwheel

I'm not trying to be a "know-it-all" and I like ImgBurn. I just don't like Verbatim and the reputation it has, 'cause it's just as good as many others. You have a good time using Verbatim. I'm having a good time using BulkPaq. So please help me, but don't say anything about the media, but point out something else.

And if I'm out of luck, I can just buy a new burner, if it comes to it. In any way, that will allways be cheaper, than to buy Verbatim

Did you try Cynthia's suggestion?

4x might not be the best speed for that media on that drive with that firmware.

Failing that, you could try cleaning the drive - but I doubt it needs it as it's a new model.

Buying a new drive that likes your chosen dye would be the final option.

1. Yeah I did, and the same problem :(

2. You know an easy way to clean a drive, without a "clean-disk" or whatever it's called?

3. I'm afraid so, but eventually it might be the only solution.

I'm going to try to remove the drive from the computers disk/device management menu, and then remove it physicallly. And then try to put it in the PC again.

Thx for the help peepz

• 2 months later...
your using a crappy media,,,,

use ONLY verbatim dual layers!

I hope i'm not diggng up old stuff, but i want to point something out. My previous burner (NEC ND-3500) gave the same error as posted above. I looked for every possible solution but couldn't find it. It would burn single layer, random media whatever...except Dual Layer media. Then I'd get the power calibration error, and i exclusively used Verbatim 2.4x discs. Though i'm sure most people here use cheap discs and don't understand, but i only used verbs, and suddenly my drive started giving errors with these discs. In the end i just bought a new drive cause i couldnt burn my discs anymore, but the old drive still works perfectly for single layer/cd's.

The reason i'm posting this is because a friend of mine is also getting these errors (i don't know what type of drive he has) and he is also using verbatims. So is there anything else which could cause the power calibration error? Hope i can get some help.

Ok so basically the error comes from the drive being unable to settle on a decent laser power to burn the disc.... why exactly is anyones guess.

Here are a few ideas though:

Old/buggy firmware with no/poor support for the MID

Burning too fast

Low quality media

Variation in media quality (which firmware can't account for)

Dirty drive

Faulty drive

I guess there's even the possibility that the drive can't suck enough (clean) juice from the PSU and hence can't get the laser at the exact power level it requires. (* I might have just made that up?!)

HELP .............I'M USING Verbatims AND HAVE CLEANED MY DRIVE

I 14:49:39 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 14:49:39 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:49:39 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,168 KB - Available: 1,997,312 KB

I 14:49:39 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:49:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:49:39 Found 1 HD DVD-ROM/DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.