SAMSUNG 223Q - Problem with booktype dual layer

Mauroz

Hello i have DVD RW Samsung S223Q with firmware SB02, OEM version.When with imgburn i can set booktype DVD-rom, i found error..And original firmware downloaded SB03 on samsung site is incompatible with my drive.How manifacture have my drive and how i can set DVD-ROM for DVD+R DL?Thanks

Log imgburn:

I 23:15:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 23:15:27 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 23:15:27 Total Physical Memory: 2.096.624 KB - Available: 1.058.444 KB

I 23:15:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:15:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:15:30 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 2 DVD

post-23885-1246576386_thumb.jpg

I 23:26:14 Destination Device: [2:2:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q SB02 (D:) (RAID)

The firmware update and the booktype setting both didn't work probably because the drive is connected to a SATA controller in RAID mode. Can you connect it to another SATA port? Preferably on a different controller.

My motherboard haven' t a sata controller :-(

I have only PCI-SATA 6421A controller, when i have Samsung S223Q.

I must change motherboard?How is the better writer for xbox360game and booktype with imgburn?

Thanks

Well, your card uses a bad chipset: I have one of those and it blocks the commands for booktyping +R media and also blocks updating firmware :(

Do you have a SATA-to-USB adapter or you could plug your drive in a friend's computer? I'm asking because you can patch the firmware to always booktype +R media to DVD-ROM, but in order to do this we need to be able to flash the firmware on your burner :unsure:

I have USB to sata converter and when i have time i try with adapter.I must set DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM booktype for burn XBOX360 games.I use card 6421A for change firware XBOX360 drive(First i think that card have a good chipset, but now i don' t say if is a good card)

The incompatibility with Samsung SATA burners and VIA chipsets is known for quite some time now...

You can use this patch utility to patch the SB03 firmware for your burner so that it always booktypes +R media to DVD-ROM. Then you can use the SATA-to-USB adapter to flash your drive with the up-to-date patched firmware :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.