Image Quality Of A Burn ?

thekochs

What is the best software....within ImgBurn (eg. Verify) or other to determine if a movie backup DVD burn is good without having to play on a DVD player the entire movie ? I have Neros' DVDSpeed that has Quality Test and Scan Disc but my Burner is a LG Burner and only BenQ and few others...not LG. :(

I recall some software on a thread within this Forum but can't recall it.

I'm trying to keep it simple....burn....test....go. :)

Any help in advance is much appreciated !!!!

The Verify option in ImgBurn will show you if the disc can be read.

Benqs are normally good scanners, so I would do a Disc Quality Scan with Nero. Scan it at 8x - you should then see if there are any "bad" burning spots on the disc.

:)

The Verify option in ImgBurn will show you if the disc can be read.

Benqs are normally good scanners, so I would do a Disc Quality Scan with Nero. Scan it at 8x - you should then see if there are any "bad" burning spots on the disc.

:)

I don't have a BenQ...I have a LG GSA-H55L burner....thus Nero DriveSpeed I don't think does me any good. :(

I have a SL disc that glicthes on DVD player and ran Verify on it in ImgBurn and it came back OK....I know there is issues.

I did have to burn useing Nero Recode because I took a IFO/VOB folder that was just over 4.7GB and put/recoded to SL disc....kept about 95% quality.

Anyway, I stated this because unfortunatelty I cannot use ImgBrun all the time when I need to recode down to a SL disc...I'm a newb...perhaps I'm missing a way ? I ask because I imagine Verify works better at burn time so it can compare.

Thoughts ?

You can set recode to output to a folder, which you can then use ImgBurn to burn to DVD ;)

If the disc passed verify and glitches on the DVD player it may be due to the media you're using or the DVD player needs cleaning with a lens cleaning disc. Post the log of a burn+verify from one of those glitchy discs and we'll be able to help further :thumbup:

Sorry, didn't knew you didn't had a Benq.

There is one option left. When you burn - there is a .ibg file created. You should see the file name of it in the burning log.

I 20:43:59 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Cynthia\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\BARBIE_PIONEER_DVD-RW_DVR-216D_1.09_DEN-6-JULI-2009_20-29_MCC_03RG20_6x.ibg

That one can show if the burning is somewhat ok or the graphs are jumping around to much depending on a crap burn.

You can attach it to a posting window here.

Sorry, didn't knew you didn't had a Benq.

There is one option left. When you burn - there is a .ibg file created. You should see the file name of it in the burning log.

I 20:43:59 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Cynthia\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\BARBIE_PIONEER_DVD-RW_DVR-216D_1.09_DEN-6-JULI-2009_20-29_MCC_03RG20_6x.ibg

That one can show if the burning is somewhat ok or the graphs are jumping around to much depending on a crap burn.

You can attach it to a posting window here.

The bad disc I did with Recode.......but you mention graph data....I assume if I use Recode for SL future efforts to disc, then ImgBurn or ImgBurn for DL.....this generates a graph ? If so, how do I read the graphs on the burn at that point and interpret ?

Thx.

Edited by thekochs

Nero Recode can output the files on the hard disk. Then burn those files in ImgBurn to your DVD disc (you can find a guide in the guide forums that tells you how to do this). That way you catch the graphs during the burning/verify.

You can either use DVDInfoPro (guide included)

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

or a new free tool - BurnPlot that you'll find in this thread:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=10647

Nero Recode can output the files on the hard disk. Then burn those files in ImgBurn to your DVD disc (you can find a guide in the guide forums that tells you how to do this). That way you catch the graphs during the burning/verify.

You can either use DVDInfoPro (guide included)

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

or a new free tool - BurnPlot that you'll find in this thread:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=10647

Where is the download link for BurnPlot ?...I don't see it in the thread....thx.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.