LGEBRE BD-RE FORMAT IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! Help!!

KOSTASDC

For more a week i have been trying to erase or format a 25gb LGEBRE BD-RE that came with my usb LG super multi drive but it is totally impossible. I have tested this with: imageburn, nero9, instantburn, daemon tools, alcohol 120, roxio etc but the result is always the same:nothing!! I thnk that my mistake was that the very first time that i used the disc i did not perform a full format( i did not know that then) but i started burning the disc with cyberlink power2go with dissapointing results. I have tested my drive with verbatin and sony media( after formatting them in the begInning!!) and they worked more than fine. But i would like to save my LG BD-RE, so any suggestion for making a succesful full-formatting just for once would be more than well accepted! Image burn does not let me to make a quick erase , it says that the disc must be fully formatted, so perhaps any change in the seetings might help........ Thank you in advance!.( I have read in the forum that LG BD-REs are of bad quality but i am sure that there must be a way that i would like to discover!!)

I 15:01:31 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 15:01:31 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 15:01:31 Total Physical Memory: 2.095.212 KB - Available: 1.571.920 KB

I 15:01:31 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:01:31 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:01:31 Found 1 DVD

Edited by KOSTASDC

This is a hardware issue.

Failures like this are due to the drive/firmware/media combo. You need to change one of the 3 to stand any chance of solving a problem.

I didn't even bother to unwrap my LG disc (having seen so many failures). I'd already got some Verbatim ones and they work just fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.