DVD Burners (LaCie and LG?)

barri_kid

Hi and welcome to the forum, barri_kid 1 :)

LaCie's d2 is actually a rebadged Panasonic drive

http://alatest.se/produkttester/cd-och-dvd...com/s-1010,250/

For the LG - ImgBurn will automatically book type +R and +R DL media for you, if you use the default setting for that function in the tab Write in the Settings.

Can you post the burn log from one/both of those failed burns?

You'll find them here: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

I 23:57:53 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG03) (Speeds: 4x, 8x)

Burn the Wii games on these blanks (provided that they're genuine Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim) and it should work :thumbup:

And yes, your LG drive doesn't support booktyping :(

The first one is a wii game. I'm not god with games. I guess someone else will have to help you with that one.

The second one is a regular DVD Movie disc. Does this one play if you use a regular standalone DVD player?

The first one is a wii game. I'm not god with games. I guess someone else will have to help you with that one.

The second one is a regular DVD Movie disc. Does this one play if you use a regular standalone DVD player?

No, there both Wii games, or at least should

Oh, yes, there was 1 movie, that worked though (I used DVD Decryptor for that, then I got the Imgburn)

Edited by barri_kid

The Wii was designed for reading pressed discs, so, no matter which format you choose the console will be somewhat "overworking" to read it anyway. What you can do to minimize this is to use high quality media, which is what Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks are.

By the way, the disc diameter and thickness are standardized so that all DVD capable devices know what to expect (e.g. how to "grab" the disc on slot loading devices/etc).

The RiData blanks are DVD+R and they need to be booktyped to DVD-ROM in order to work, but none of your burners can do this.

DVD-Rs don't need booktyping and, thus, should work fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.