Accessibility Options under Windows XP?

dbminter

Microsoft says that there should be something called an Accessibility Options shortcut under Classic View for Control Panel in Windows XP. Well, there isn't, of course; typical damn Microsoft idiots. If anyone knows what this shortcut should be, i.e. the Target contents or whatever app needs to run whatever file with whatever switches so I can run this?

Which underscores my point. Typical Microsoft idiots can't get anything right as it's gone from my view. So, how about doing a Properties on that shortcut and see if you get a Target? :D If there's anything there, please copy and paste it in a reply. If not, just let me know that, too. :) Thanks!

Which underscores my point. Typical Microsoft idiots can't get anything right as it's gone from my view. So, how about doing a Properties on that shortcut and see if you get a Target? :D If there's anything there, please copy and paste it in a reply. If not, just let me know that, too. :) Thanks!

Nope. Can?t select properties with these thingies. (I love Windows sometimes). The path MJ provided is correct.

C:\Windows\System32\access.cpl

Thanks! That's what I needed. The file name. Turns out, I had it, too. Just no shortcut in Control Panel to it. I had searched before for Accessibility, but, naturally, didn't find it.

Movie Junkie, did you edit your post? Because I have it in my memory I had read only the folder name and not the file when I first read your reply earlier. I hope my memory is going THAT bad on me in my old age of the young 30's. :lol: Eh? What did ya say, sonny?

hey db, ( adjusting voice volume for hearing aid ) That is his original post man. There would be a footnote at bottom of post saying he had edited it and at what time it was edited............... :whistling::whistling::lol:

Look below gramps......... :P:lol:

Edited by kevdriver

Thanks! That's what I needed. The file name. Turns out, I had it, too. Just no shortcut in Control Panel to it. I had searched before for Accessibility, but, naturally, didn't find it.

Movie Junkie, did you edit your post? Because I have it in my memory I had read only the folder name and not the file when I first read your reply earlier. I hope my memory is going THAT bad on me in my old age of the young 30's. :lol: Eh? What did ya say, sonny?

Yer gonna half to speak up, I can't hear you... :lol:

I did not edit the post so it's either your memory or... booze.gif:D

I believe you have to have the option enabled to see if someone can see if you edited a post. :D

As for my being hard of hearing, etc. in terms of the Accessibility Options, I don't NEED them, hence why I need them turned off. Turned by default, as usual by the Microsoft idiots, causes a lot of interference when you don't know it's on and hold down the Shift key for more than 5 seconds for the first time.

hey db, ( adjusting voice volume for hearing aid ) That is his original post man. There would be a footnote at bottom of post saying he had edited it and at what time it was edited............... :

Err... not quite. My first thread in this thread was edited. No footnote thingy in sight. :P

Nope. Can?t select properties with these thingies. (I love Windows sometimes).

This is something I've wondered, too. Is there a way to determine the file a shortcut points to when Windows damn well refuses to show it to you? Like Control Panel .CPL files?

I believe you have to have the option enabled to see if someone can see if you edited a post. :D

Do you? D?oh! :doh:

Actually I think for the beta's Lightning UK! removed the "edit" tag when we change our posts !! :lol:

Edit @ 7:56am - see nothing here !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.