rip DVDD and burn with ImgBurn

lbouchard

Your log file shows you're using Ritek. The ONLY DL media you should use is Verbatim! Make sure you use the Verbatim DVD+R DL and not the DVD-R DL. I say that because their DVD-R DL discs are too new and I haven't heard anything about them.

Edited by Movie Junkie

Sorry, but I really belive the problem is not related to the "cheap" memorex disc (RITEK-D01-01) vs the "better " Verbatim disc.

after a couple more coaster, the problem is always in the swtich between layer 0 and layer 1 of the disc. This makes me think that the problem is relate to the way ImgBurn do its job. maybe image burn tries to burn more sectors on layer 0 than there is on the disc... is that possible?

believe what you want, you complain of bad burns and you're using what amounts to shit media .Verbatim is the ONLY manufacturer of dual layer discs that work time and time again .You came here looking for advice which you dont seem to care for, try creating the ISO with PGC edit and get some decent media, yeah that means Verbatim DLs good luck

PS we dont discuss ripping with DVDD as it was the reason for its demise and legal troubles for LUK

Sorry, but I really belive the problem is not related to the "cheap" memorex disc (RITEK-D01-01) vs the "better " Verbatim disc.

after a couple more coaster, the problem is always in the swtich between layer 0 and layer 1 of the disc. This makes me think that the problem is relate to the way ImgBurn do its job. maybe image burn tries to burn more sectors on layer 0 than there is on the disc... is that possible?

I don't want to sound harsh but don't ask for our help if you don't want to consider our suggestions. Believe whatever you want but the fact is that ANY DL MEDIA EXCEPT FOR VERBATIM DVD+R DL IS NOTHING BUT JUNK! ImgBurn is not the problem.

The switch occurs exactly as you issue the last write on L0 / first on L1.

You log shows the failure to be a few write commands into writing L1.

Ritek DL burns always show massive parity error spikes at the layer switch point, that's why people avoid them like the plague.

It's just too hard for your drive to cope with the switch and so it's erroring out.

this isnt a forum where we dictate to people or talk down to them , as most of us knew very little once over about dvd. ( and some of us still dont :blush: )

its purely a help/support place. hence most replies are based on members experiences, especially when it comes to media and brands and dyes.

what has appeare in ehre and the previous place was the unsuitability of ritek dual layer media, which most times was rectified by changing to verbatim , which is probably why most of the replies are suggesting to change over .

I remember my first time on the previous place. I had a problem which I posted about. All of the suggestions were to use different media (I was using Maxell DVD-R which was made by Ritek). I had always believed in the Maxell brand since I had used cassettes, 3.5 and 5.25 disks, video tape and zip disks and never had problems. I had no idea at the time if the suggestions were right or wrong but I changed brands to Verbatim and the problems went away. From that point on I have only used Verbs.

Wow... thanks for the feedback. At first I did not believe the tone of the people I was writing advice to me? I found it very disappointing that in 2006 we can still buy crappy media from the big manufacturers. :(

I have found not so cheap Verbatim DVD+R DL at ncix.com 10-pak for $35.16 CAD :P

http://search.ncix.com/displayproductdetail.php?sku=11883B22

The Memorex DVD+R DL cost $29.99 CAD for 15-pak spindle. but like you said, if they can't do the job then the cost is not important!!!

I will try the Verbatim media and I will let you know the result.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.