multiple copies

mrbass

ok I never suggested this for dvddecrypter because burning wasn't it's main emphasis now I don't feel guilty suggesting this for ImgBurn. Say you crank out a DVD Slideshow and wish to make 25 copies for a family reuninion or something of that sort. It already has the eject ability to say you set it to 25 copies after the first copy it ejects then starts automatically once a new DVD/CD is put in the tray and starts burning. This is all automatically without the need for the monitor to be on.

I think nero has this ability but (maybe I'm remembering it wrong) you had to click a mouse button to confirm the burn and then it'd eject and also click to start it (ok perhaps not click to start it part) but the monitor had to be turned back on. Basically want to do this so a blind monkey could do it (i.e. my wife).

This was suggested earlier too actually!

As I said in that post, multiple copies is never something that's bothered me, and if it ever was, clicking 1 button isn't a huge deal.

I could implement this and make it auto check for new media etc and continue on its merry little way.

'tis certainly something to thing about.

all automatically without the need for the monitor to be on.

I think nero has this ability but (maybe I'm remembering it wrong) you had to click a mouse button to confirm the burn and then it'd eject and also click to start it (ok perhaps not click to start it part) but the monitor had to be turned back on. Basically want to do this so a blind monkey could do it (i.e. my wife).

Nero had/has the ability to handle multipile recorders and I believe you still had to hit Burn when making multiple copies

Did not think nero did burning to 2 discs at same time, yeah i know there is option use multiple recorders, but that only ever presents me with a choice of which burner i want to use to make copy, though it may burn to 2 discs at same time, i suppose if i enter number of copies as 2..never tried it.

Padus discjuggler was the only burning software i ever used that allowed me to make or rather burn the same project to 2 burners at the same time..

Edited by dontasciime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question/Suggestion.

If you get a write error when you use the queue function and you abort the burning of that image - it jumps to the next image in the queue.

Could it be possible that the images that where not sucessfully burned could stay in the queue and get selected as the one to burn again?

It actually shouldn't do that.

It should say you've not yet had the correct number of successful copies and ask if you wish to retry for that remaining number.

Oh... it only does it if you originally wanted more than 1 copy though.

I've now tweaked it so that if there are other images in the queue after the 'failed' one (and the failed one was only queued up with 1 copy in mind), it'll prompt to repeat that image. If there aren't any other queued images, it'll just call it quits and exit how it normally would if you were just burning 1 file.

At the moment you can of course select the failed/burnt images and right click + 'queue again'.

I don't remember ever having a failure so that part of code never really got any testing! lol :P

I don't remember ever having a failure so that part of code never really got any testing! lol :P

Sounds like the testing they did before implementing new student admin system at work - tested based on Utopia - all users would only ever enter the correct required data. :innocent: Saves all that money programming validation routines into the software. :rolleyes:

However they charged us a hell of a lot more $$,$$$,$$$ for the product. :pirate:

Rant Off (!)

Would feel guilty complaining about anything in ImgBurn - if I ever experience in my lifetime any problems with ImgBurn that is. B)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.