What means that warning (v. 2.5.0.0)

gogol

You don't need to do anything for making 2.5.0.0 work. If you're having problems burning then start a new thread and post the log of such burn (look in ImgBurn's Help menu).

The log doesnt say anything more than the warning from the beginning. The burning continues without interruption but the result is crap.

Im now using the previous version wich works fine. I can't find the post I think I made a couple of days ago about this but why is the sptd necessary and an improvement?

Why are you going on about SPTD all the time?

That's simply a new warning message in 2.5.0.0 if the driver is detected on your PC. (The driver causes slow Read/Verify performance for some machines/drives)

Me showing the warning message makes no difference at all to the program.

So if you have a problem, make a new thread and include a log file so we can see what you're talking about.

Why are you going on about SPTD all the time?

That's simply a new warning message in 2.5.0.0 if the driver is detected on your PC. (The driver causes slow Read/Verify performance for some machines/drives)

Me showing the warning message makes no difference at all to the program.

So if you have a problem, make a new thread and include a log file so we can see what you're talking about.

The log file doesnt say any error. It only says what many others have shown. What it says to many I guess from the start. But the result with 2500 is an unreadable disc and with 2420 its not? You want to see the log anyway?

What is the SPTD for? The best thing is to completely remove or?

It seams like the problem was my xbox360. It didnt want to read at all and a couple of days later it broke down with three red lamps. I tried burning on my laptop with 2500 and it looks like it works. I have the warning on that one as well but the burning goes without problem as well as on the desktop (I think). The burning was very slow thats all. It took tice as much time as normal. Does the log say anything about that or anything else that dont look good?ImgBurn.log

Edited by rolex

What is the SPTD for? The best thing is to completely remove or?

Read post 2 and 3 in this thread again.

Your log shows you burning at 4x and it took the correct amount of time for that speed.

Alright, maybe the time doesnt differ that much butthe first like three minutes was at below 1x. The burner on this laptop said max8x I think so I chose 4x. It was even idle a couple of times during those 3min (down to 0x). Do you see any reason for that? And Ive been looking for the firmware update to this drive but I cant find it. Maybe thats one possible solution?

• 4 months later...

Not to flog the dead horse, but I thought I would post my own results. With the SPTD driver in place, my average speed burning DVDs using ImgBrn in XP SP3 (32-bit) was 5.6x. When I removed the SPTD driver, I was pretty surprised to see that my burner (Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-112D) jumped to an average burn speed of 11.2x.

When you uninstall Daemon Tools, it does not uninstall the SPTD driver. However, you can download the latest Duplex Secure SPTD driver, run the installer, and it will ask you what you want to do. Simply click uninstall, reboot, and you are done.

http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

Thanks,

DD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.