Medium Not Present

Dube

Very new to this. . .so be gentle.

Just as the title says, when I open ImgBurn, or place a DVD in my burner drive (destination) I get the message 'Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)' in the status bar at the bottom of the program.

I am using HP dvd+r 16x discs. They are yellow if that helps. I may just be confirming I bought the wrong media here, but I don't think so. There is a RW symbol on the disc, but wouldn't they say dvd+rw if re-writable media?

My burner is a Lite On, not sure on the model and all that as it's second hand. I think the information below might be a better indication than any of my guesses.

I have tried to use the update firmware feature but it doesn't seem to lead me anywhere. Two "hits" come up for the search; one listing a link that gives me an error and the other doesn't really look like it applies to my burner (comparing the firmware version given by ImgBurn to what they list, none match).

I can get the burner to recognize other discs such as cd-r's and written cd's (games, audio, etc.) using ImgBurn.

I am hoping there is some setting I'm missing or my firmware isn't recognizing the disc.

Although it isn't much, here's the log file thus far.

I 00:07:07 ImgBurn Version 1.2.0.0 started!

I 00:07:07 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 00:07:07 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:07:07 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:07:07 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD?RW!

In the right pane of the software it reads:

LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S FS07 (ATA)

Current Profile: N/A

And all of that is grayed out.

Any help is appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.