The Budweiser Story

Movie Junkie

How Budweiser handled those who laughed at those who died on the 11th of September, 2001...Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield, California.

After you finish reading this, please forward this story on to others so that our nation and people around the world will know about those who laughed when they found out about the tragic events in New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon.

On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two Arabs, who owned the business, whooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack

The Budweiser employee went to his truck, called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event! He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him, "Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. Just letting you know how Kern County handled this situation.

And Now The Rest Of The Story:

It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well!!! That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and all vendors followed suit! At last report, the store was closed indefinitely. Good old American Passive-Aggressive A$$ Whoopin!

I find it hard to believe. How can anyone pull product from a shelf that was already bought? The company would still have to refund the sale back to the store. A pyrhic victory at best. If the store was closed down, then, that would be the only way the companies could have won.

Plus, I find it hard to believe because the US has never done anything like that when they could still make a profit off the sale. :) Look at WW II. We only stopped selling to Germany when it became clear we could only get back at Japan if we helped end the war in Europe first to get allies on our side for when we wanted to take Japan.

I find it hard to believe. How can anyone pull product from a shelf that was already bought? The company would still have to refund the sale back to the store. A pyrhic victory at best. If the store was closed down, then, that would be the only way the companies could have won.
If the items weren't billed or paid for yet it would be easy to do. The same thing if they were on consignment.

Plus, I find it hard to believe because the US has never done anything like that when they could still make a profit off the sale. :) Look at WW II. We only stopped selling to Germany when it became clear we could only get back at Japan if we helped end the war in Europe first to get allies on our side for when we wanted to take Japan.
This was an isolated happening and not country wide. It had nothing to do with trying to end any war, it was simply a "fuck you for laughing at a tragedy" thing.

To be honest I believe that the driver didn't go far enough. If I had run into that situation I would probably be in prison right now!

If the items weren't billed or paid for yet it would be easy to do. The same thing if they were on consignment.

But, what I took from the story, the order was for the driver to go in and remove ALL items from the company from the shelves. Nothing is going to be delivered and put on the shelves until they've been paid for by the store or the distributor for the store. You can believe that some big company ain't going to give you diddly until they know the money is in their pockets ALREADY. :) Which would mean by the very act of delivery, they have been paid for.

But, what I took from the story, the order was for the driver to go in and remove ALL items from the company from the shelves. Nothing is going to be delivered and put on the shelves until they've been paid for by the store or the distributor for the store. You can believe that some big company ain't going to give you diddly until they know the money is in their pockets ALREADY. :) Which would mean by the very act of delivery, they have been paid for.
You make a good point and since I'm not in that type of business I can't dispute what you've said. I guess we'll never really know.

You make a good point and since I'm not in that type of business I can't dispute what you've said. I guess we'll never really know.

And never really knowing is half the battle! G.I. JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!

:unsure:

I never thought to look on Snopes about this.

I remember how my mother fell for a story being spread around. With her, though, interestingly enough, the story actually happened only because someone else was tricked before her. It was the story of how a year after 9-11, people were warned not to drink Coke products, or Pepsi, or what not. That another attack was planned then, and, someone repays a "kind soul for an act of kindness" by warning of them, cryptically, of the impending attack. My mother helped someone by providing them some change at a check out counter at the store when they were short a few pennies. Apparently, the person who she helped had fallen for the story of an impending attack and told her not to drink Coke products on the first anniversary of 9-11 because they had been told the same thing. So, yes, the story in this case really DID happen. But, only because someone else was fooled into believing it before and that drove the actual event into creation.

Sadly, my mother didn't drink any Coke products, she later told me. :lol: When she told me of it, trying to warn me, I told her it was ridiculous and planned on drinking an extra Coke on the anniversary. And, I did. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.