So confused!!

snugelkin

I have a mini dvd of my sisters wedding that I am trying to make backup copies of......

For the life of me I am so lost!! I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere eles but the more I searched for my answer the more confused I became. I did the build it said ok everythings great ( so I thought) then I did the burn went fine siad its done and burned. I try to open the cd and the folders are ther but no files! WHat in the world am I doing wrong?? I have gone thru at least 10 dvd-r's and 3 dvd+r trying to get this to work!! Here is the imgbrun log:

I 13:06:49 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 13:06:49 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 13:06:49 Total Physical Memory: 523,824 KB - Available: 213,828 KB

W 13:06:49 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 13:06:49 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 13:06:49 Drive F:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 13:06:49 Drive G:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 13:06:49 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:06:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:06:50 Found 1 DVD

post-25883-1249233998_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum, snugelkin! :)

You have more or less nothing on the burned disc.

I 13:12:25 Source File Sectors: 608 (MODE1/2048)

The posted image from the VIDEO_TS folder is the original files that you want to burn?

I 13:09:59 Contents: 13 Files, 2 Folders

The first part of the log shows that you do select the right stuff - then you suddenly change your mind and load a .mds file with not much data associated to it.

Do the first part again in the build mode and then select the output to 'Image File' - this way you should have an image file that you can burn and also should work.

I 13:12:25 Destination Device: [1:0:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A 1.06 (E:) (ATA)

There's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). You might also want to burn at 8x or 12x for a better burn quality.

Hi and welcome to the forum, snugelkin! :)

You have more or less nothing on the burned disc.

I 13:12:25 Source File Sectors: 608 (MODE1/2048)

The posted image from the VIDEO_TS folder is the original files that you want to burn?

I 13:09:59 Contents: 13 Files, 2 Folders

The first part of the log shows that you do select the right stuff - then you suddenly change your mind and load a .mds file with not much data associated to it.

Do the first part again in the build mode and then select the output to 'Image File' - this way you should have an image file that you can burn and also should work.

omg I feel so stupid...... I dont understand what you mean at all! I don't change my mind ~ is there maybe a setting in my imgburner that I need to change???

There's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). You might also want to burn at 8x or 12x for a better burn quality.

OK thank you I did do the update so if I could just understand everything eles I'd be great!!! :/:wacko:

OK thank you I did do the update so if I could just understand everything eles I'd be great!!! :/:wacko:

In build mode click little disc in picture. Which will switch the Output to your Dvd writer directly instead of creating an ISO and MDS file on your hard drive.

post-26-1249243995_thumb.png

In build mode click little disc in picture. Which will switch the Output to your Dvd writer directly instead of creating an ISO and MDS file on your hard drive.

post-26-1249243995_thumb.png

OK I think I got it but 1 last question :::: Well I hope its the last lol

In the destination area what should it be? BIN~IMG~ISO OR ALL FILES?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.