Please Help

KrayZee

Hello All,

I've been using ImgBurn for almost a year to burn ISO's & up until 3 months ago have never had any problems.

3 Months ago I started receiving errors & the discs I were burning were/are not working.

I had mainly used TDK DVD-R discs, but have also used Maxell DVD-R discs & Verbatim double layer DVD+R discs, all up until 3 months ago were written/read/verified perfectly. I also mainly used the automatic write speed setting.

I am now receiving errors & strange noises are coming from my DVD drive (my drive is also sometimes responding slowly)

I have tried TDK DVD-R, Verbatim DVD-R, Sony DVD+R, Maxell DVD-R, Pleomax DVD-R & a few others, all at different speeds.

My device manager shows no errors on anything & apart from windows updates I have not installed anything new.

I have pasted a log file from today's attempt at burning :

I 18:21:50 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 18:21:50 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:21:50 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,532 KB - Available: 947,036 KB

W 18:21:50 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 18:21:51 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:21:51 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:21:51 Found 1 DVD

Try a lens cleaning disc on that drive and then burn again with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks. If it doesn't work then I guess you should be looking for a new (external) burner.

Thanx 4 the quick reply Mmalves, I've tried a lens cleaning disc (only a cheap 1)

I'd buy a new drive if I was 100% sure "the drive" was broken but it still plays DVD/CD's, if it was broke why would it still play???

Any ideas? The discs are recognized when I load them in, & as far as I know the burn is complete, just not verifying (or working)

Are you new to this forum? Is this the proper way to alert ImgBurn support of problems?

Thanx 4 the quick reply Mmalves, I've tried a lens cleaning disc (only a cheap 1)

I'd buy a new drive if I was 100% sure "the drive" was broken but it still plays DVD/CD's, if it was broke why would it still play???

Any ideas? The discs are recognized when I load them in, & as far as I know the burn is complete, just not verifying (or working)

Are you new to this forum? Is this the proper way to alert ImgBurn support of problems?

There is no software error here . In other words it's not ImgBurn causing your errors it's your drive your drive and media combination.

It's mmalves first day so go easy on him :lol

mmalves offered you the best advice follow it step by step with the suggestions hopefully changing to some Quality media will fix it if not replace your drive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.