Destination .iso folder in settings

dr_ml422

Ok so i found out the function on how to set a destination folder for .iso's when creating them w/build mode. it won't stay fixed though. When I delete the file in the source window and drop another vts folder in Drop zone I have to manually hit delte to erase the name of the destination file/folder or else it'll put it in the same folder as b4, and imgburn pops up telling you that a .iso already exists there would yiu like to replace it. So is this destination setting a 1 time thing only? also if I delete the whole destination in the file box and hit build it'll put it inside the folder where the vts files are at. So basically having a destination folder set in tools settings isn't a fixed destination as in read mode. Afaik anyway. if I'm doing something wrong or need to do something else to have the .iso's keep going to the same destination folder in build mode please let me know. Thnx.

Build mode doesn't have an automatic destination thingy like Read mode does. Read mode updates the image file name based on the volume label of the disc. Build mode uses exactly what you've written in the Destination box.

If you just enter a file name in that box it'll probably replace it with a full path - using the default image file location specified in the settings as the root folder.

I got you. It came to fruition when I realised that there isn't going to be a automatic file name option in build mode. What happened was exactly what you suggested in a different way. i just click the folder next to the destination box in the GUI and just write in the same name as the volume label which 99.9% of the time is the file name. Then just click save and the rest is history. It'll put that .iso in the predetermined folder I chose in settings.

If I may, is there a very particular reason you haven't included a option to just save the file w/the same name as the volume label? I mean if one wants to change the file name they can do that any time, and it'll more or less be the same amount of effort except at a later date. Granted Imgburn already does mostly everything for us anyway, but I would bet most keep the volume label as the file name most of the time anyway. Thnx.

P.S. I figured out the UAC thing, but not 4 individual apps. I still haven't come across that fix for 7 yet. I just turned the whole UAC off. I mean for Pete's sake I'm the only one using my stuff anyway and I'm really not frequenting any so called bad sites to be that concerned about having Administrator Rights for my apps. Also that drop zone is a must, so it was a no brainer for me. Without that drag n drop it would of taken me way longer to convert all these vts folders I have.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.