CreateFile Failed! - Device:?????

stonecold169

Hi all

I have been using ImageBurn for some time now and while i don't consider myself an expert i have never had any problems using until recently.

I have started getting the following log whenever i try to burn and xbox 360 backup.

I 17:49:33 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 17:49:33 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)

I 17:49:33 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,572 KB - Available: 1,180,608 KB

I 17:49:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:49:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

E 17:49:36 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom0' (R:)

E 17:49:36 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

E 17:49:39 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom1' (W:)

E 17:49:39 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

E 17:49:41 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom2' (V:)

E 17:49:41 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

W 17:49:41 Errors were encountered when trying to access 3 drives.

W 17:49:41 These drives will not be visible in the program.

W 17:49:41 No devices detected!

I have tried the drives as far as reading other discs and they work fine but the problem seems to be limited to trying to burn anything to a disc, in fact when i tried to use Nero to see what happens if i try to burn the image i get the following message:

If you are running Nero software via Windows Remote Login you might not be able to access your drives for burning. This is a security restrictions of Windows.

Not sure what all this means cause as far as i know i am not running any remote login.

but the nero message aside this is the first time i have ever had any problem with ImageBurn so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. (!)

See the FAQ and do a virus check.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=10650

And please use search next time. This question has been answered dozens of times.

Regards

Thanks Bluetach

My apologies for not finding this through the search but many thanks for your response, followed the FAQ and everything fixed, thanks again. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.