ERROR Please Help.

I Random I

I dont seem to understand. I have just purchased an ASUS g50-vt laptop and have been using imgburn to make iso's. After successfully buring discs with no problem I'm starting to get an error every time I try to make a disc.

captureldo.jpg

58284528.jpg

41466634.jpg

Can someone please help me out thank you.

I/O errors are caused by the urner/firmware/media not playing well together.

1. You're using Rtek DL dvd's...not a good idea since they are not anywhere near the quality of the ones we recommend HERE.

2. Check your firmware version and update if necessary, just ecause you just purchased the thing doesn't mean that the drivers aren't out of date.

3. Read the bit at the top, if you had researched prior to posting you would have found this stuff out for yourself and been all the smarter for it.

Im just saying been using the same discs forever workered fine now all of a sudden my drive doesnt like the media doesnt make any since to me. Trying the Verbatim one's are just down right dumb when every DL disc worked why would it all of a sudden just change? I'm Getting real annoyed can someone please give me an answer didnt then just saying 'Try the Verbatim discs" because i will try them but i dont think thats the problem!

No two discs are exactly the same, the quality can vary even in the same batch: that's why the burner makes small adjustments on each burn to make the burn quality as good as possible, but it can't work miracles.

You get what you pay for.

Trying the Verbatim one's are just down right dumb when every DL disc worked why would it all of a sudden just change?

I still dont understand over 100 copies have been successfully burned with the memorex disc now every disc i try fails I'm lost

That's because Memorex outsources it's disc manufacturing to many firms, some are acceptable but the majority are crap. You can see the disc ID in the right side window when ImgBurn is in read mode and then you can Google the MID and see for yourself what others think of each individual disc in your pack.

We only recommend certain products because their failure rate is so much less than that of the type you are reporting that you use. Since disc quality is one of our largest problems, the suggestion to change to the best, regardless of the cost, is the only one that makes sense as we are trying to eliminate the most common cause of individual failure.

We can't hold your hand and make you buy better media, check your firmware, check your cables, check whatever else it is that may be wrong, but we also do not want to keep repeating ourselves either...if you do not want to change media...do what you want, but leave us out of it until you decide that we may just know a little bit more about this subject than you do. <_<

k kid well Ive been using the same discs for quite some time now and they seemed to be working fine. Then all of a sudden they get an error everytime I try to make a copy? what gives

I am a

Im just saying been using the same discs forever workered fine now all of a sudden my drive doesnt like the media doesnt make any since to me. Trying the Verbatim one's are just down right dumb when every DL disc worked why would it all of a sudden just change? I'm Getting real annoyed can someone please give me an answer didnt then just saying 'Try the Verbatim discs" because i will try them but i dont think thats the problem!

hard headed

so I bought two different 25packs and there all shit is what your saying?

person that

I still dont understand over 100 copys have been successfully burned with the memorex disc now every disc i try fails I'm lost

doesn't listen

Dude just listen and try Verbatim. It's the way to go.

I don't know if it makes a difference but your burn speed is at a mismatch have you tried a speed thats compatible like 2.4x and I noticed you don't have your booktype set up as well..

ok dorks i'll try the verbatims. Still think its dumb thats I never had a problem before, but whatever you guys "know everything"!

Five seveN what booktype I never touched any setting and never had a problem till now?

Edited by I Random I

ok dorks i'll try the verbatims. Still think its dumb thats I never had a problem before, but whatever you guys "know everything"!

Never claimed to. I only know what makes shit copies that do not work and offer whatever advice I can to try to help. We've been doing this a long time and have worked with literally tens of thousands of users who have problems. But I don't work with smart-asses more than once. Good luck with your problem.:blow:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.