Failed to set L0 Data Zone Capacity!

AlienX69

Hello to all, especially LUK .... ;-)

Hope all is well with everyone !!

Well I'm a little stumped ..... burned a few DL (Verb's of course), first time getting this error.

Or am I just having a major brain fart !!

I 15:25:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:25:41 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:25:41 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,432 KB - Available: 1,573,400 KB

I 15:25:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:25:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:25:41 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

I 15:25:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:26:10 Destination Device: [2:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.18 (E:) (ATA)

I 15:26:10 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 15:26:10 Write Speed: 4x

Update ImgBurn. Update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). If that still doesn't help, try a lens cleaning disc on that burner.

Guess it was the firmware, kinda odd though as this was the last disk on the spindle of 20. But I have been swapping drives between to puters ......

Anyhow its now currently burning OK !! .... THX

One last ?

Here are two different burners/puters, noticed a differences:

I 17:48:34 Destination Device: [0:1:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.Y6 (D:) (ATA)

I 17:48:34 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM

other:

I 18:19:00 Destination Device: [2:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.22 (E:) (ATA)

I 18:19:00 Advanced Settings - Optimal Writing Speed: No

One has book type, the other Advanced Settings ? ? Plus what tab is that setting on ?

PS: Cynthia THX for the tip on 6X

Optimal Writing Speed:

Main Menu -> Drive -> Change Advanced Settings

This one is only valid for 116/216 and later models. A pure joke function if you ask me.

Pioneers should book type +R DL media by default. For +R media you need to fix the firmware with MediaCodeSpeedEdit.

Pioneers should book type +R DL media by default. For +R media you need to fix the firmware with MediaCodeSpeedEdit.

I always use TY -R for single layer (mostly what I burn), so I guess not an issue for me, mostly use my NEC for burning ... but every once in a while I make some DL burns with the DVR-115D. Not familar with MediaCodeSpeedEdit, guess I need to look that up ... THX Cynthia.

Hi Mr. Spinner .... hope things are well with you and the family .... I assume you been getting my INFORMATIVE emails .... :lol:

I drop by every once in a while ... have to since I'm using the GREATEST burning tool (ImgBurn) on the PLANET .... keep up the great work LUK .... I'll be donating once I find a JOB !!!!

Edited by AlienX69

Wow my brain already hurts from reading about MediaCodeSpeedEdit ... looks very KEWL though. I guess it turns me into a FIRMWARE creator :lol:

Cynthia you know of a Guide anywhere that give instruction with pic's ? I read the written description here

I don't want to attempt before getting some tips or a Guide as I mentioned.

As you saw in previous posts I have two burners:

NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.Y6

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.22

Plus a third I have not mentioned it sits idle (not hooked up) .... Plextor PX-800A

BTW: I'm pretty happy with burning at 8X for the TYG02's .... Chewy has me fixated on that ... :lol:

Probably making a mountain out of a mole hill .... :lol:

Edited by AlienX69

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.