Stuck at Synchronising Cache

jwmghf

Hey guys:

Its at the very end. Completed 100%. It went to sychronising cache and thats where it froze. Its not the computer, because its working fine. It just won't go to the finalizing step.

It had an 8.5gb dvd in it(Verbatim). Do you think if I end the process with task manager that the dvd might still work? I doubt it, but I had to ask.

Thanks

You can try, but if the I/O is stuck then it won't close because ImgBurn isn't in control anymore: it's waiting for a response from the drive. Look for the latest drivers for the controller where the burner is connected to.

As for the disc you'll have to test it manually to see if it was a good burn or not.

Hey guys, and also, nice to here from you Lightning. I have not had a chance to do what you mentioned. When should I press the F8 Key?? Is this before I begin the burn??

mmalves: I burn with a Sony BWU-100A. Are these the drivers you are referring to or is it the drivers for the controller on the mobo that you are referring to??

The update I can add to this thread is I am unable to complete a burn of any kind(4.7gb or 8.5gb). I will post the log of the last .iso that I tried to burn. I know it's a good one because I've burned it many times prior with no problems. I think maybe the program failed at the synchronisation step earlier was just a coincidence. I have tried to burn at least 10 other disks and all have failed at different times during the process, but mostly right near the end(in the 90's% rate). Here's the log and thanks for the help:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImgBurn.log

Edited by jwmghf

I did a system restore to 2 days ago because a Windows update was installed. I just tried to burn another disk and it worked fine. I don't know if had anything to do with it?? This time I hit the F8-key right before I hit the start button. I think that's what you wanted me to do. Here's that log for it:

Hope this helps and thanks.

ImgBurn.log

The F8 thing is only required (from you) when you think it's stuck during the sync cache bit at the end... i.e. it's been doing it for ages and the % (if displayed) isn't going up.

Those logs just show the drive failing to burn the discs full stop and the error is very clear...

W 10:33:44 Failed to Write Sectors 626912 - 626943 - Reason: Peripheral Device Write Fault

Are the Verbatims made in Singapore or somewhere else? You could try a cleaning disc in the drive but you might just be better off buying an external (full size) one.

I believe yours is actually a Matshita one anyway (just rebranded as a Sony) and their quality is written in the name!

Personally I'd get 2 drives if you want to do blu-ray too.... 1 for BD burns and 1 for DVD burns.

I don't think BD burners are quite on par with the best DVD burners when it comes to burning DVDs.

Having 2 also saves wear and tear on the expensive BD hardware when it doesn't really need to be used.

As for which is the best drive, take a look in the 'Drives' forum here and head on over to the cdfreaks forum - http://club.cdfreaks.com/ - They have specific areas for each manufacturer with lots of quality tests being done every day by various people.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.