BAD SCANS PART 2!!

the olde

your 4550 may be an adequate scanner, crosscheck the best burned disks you can when the benq arrives, and vary the scan speed of the

nec to find it's fastest but most accurate scan speed.

My nec 3550 correlates rather closely with my benq 1620 and friday

my new benq 1650 arrives for more crosschecking.

Edited by chewy

I used to find it was quicker to use the LG DVD rom to rip, then the burner to , well burn.

I always find this option works best for me, for many reasons.

It's a matter of preference rather than speed for me.

New BenQ drive & Taiyo Yuden G02 discs.

Scan result attached.

Worse scan than my trusty old NEC 4550?!!!!

Think I have wasted my money!! :angry:

Will burn spped effect things?

post-1595-1143754977_thumb.png

Edited by the olde

Was that the first burn on it olde? I found with my 1655 the first disc or 2 both from NIB and after a firmware update, were shite. You could tell on the disc itself where it adjusted burn strength?, as it was a noticably 2 different shades on the disc. Worked great after that one disc, perhaps it's the WOPC figuring out the best burn. Also what speed did it burn at?

Was that the first burn on it olde? I found with my 1655 the first disc or 2 both from NIB and after a firmware update, were shite. You could tell on the disc itself where it adjusted burn strength?, as it was a noticably 2 different shades on the disc. Worked great after that one disc, perhaps it's the WOPC figuring out the best burn. Also what speed did it burn at?

Yes it was the first burn and burned at 8x

My burns got better in a very short space of time with the 1655 - I average over 99% quality every time with the TYG02's now !

I might be wrong on this but I believe the drive learns as it goes - it did in my case anyway - stick with it and you should hopefully see the quality rating surpass the NEC with TYG's..... :wink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.