XBOX 360 Burning Problem. Can anyone help?

ThreeSixty

Hi guys

Ive been burning my xbox 360 back ups for a while now but never come across this problem before. Ive had 6 coasters in-a-row because of this. Can anyone shed any light?

Heres my log:-

I 03:09:10 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 03:09:10 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 03:09:10 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,700 KB - Available: 285,708 KB

W 03:09:10 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 03:09:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 03:09:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 03:09:12 Found 1 DVD

Alright mate, i will do

Ive tried burning 2 games & got 6 coasters. Really getting on my nerves. Do you think it would be better if i speeded it up? recommended speed is 2.4x to burn 360 games. (but i guess your the daddy of the software :D) So ill give it a go. I have a feeling this maybe connected to abusing my laptop. Got angry with me bird and threw it while it was writing a data disc at full speed.

So far does everything look good on the log? i get an error at the start inall saying something about sptd. i dont know exactly what it says but i know it differs the speed, i am tech savvy and managed to get rid of that now.

lightening,

Another thing is the data side of the disc seems to look diffrent from my successful burns too. You know how the end burning line looks? Well on the coasters they all look identical. But with my games that work they look diffrent.

The coasters seem to be filled up alright from the outter side, But when you move towards the centre plastic. The very end burning line looks faded out? If you want i can upload photos for you unless you think its just not related to it.

Yes they are, Just verified it through imgburn. Iv cleaned the lens and going to try and speed it up to burn n see how i get on. Iv never had this problem before. Maybe it could be my media or cd drive thats why i ordered a new verbs spindle (singapore or indian ones) & the same cd drive off ebay too.

Ill let you know about cleaning the lens and speeding it up. Btw has magic speed got anything to do with it? i have a toshiba with the samsung oem

Lightening, My 360 issue is solved....... But ONLY AFTER DOWNGRADING IMGBRN!

Iv just probably spotted a problem with your software, I downgraded to 2.4.0 out of curiousity then tried to burn My game agian, Then found that the game was actually being read in my 360! It is NOW working absolutely perfect. I dont know maybe it just might be an issue on my computer/cd drive. Not others...

I knew my back-ups were good. Since i updated my imgburn the issue had started. For everyone else i guess ive sacrificed 6 discs so you dont have to, If you want, for the next game i burn ill copy my log for you.

I think i managed to find it..... This must be it because of the date written near the graph data file. Which is todays date.

I 03:03:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 03:03:18 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 03:03:18 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,700 KB - Available: 413,788 KB

I 03:03:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 03:03:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 03:03:18 Found 1 DVD

Speeds: 3x, 4x, 6x)

Your drive is still reading the speeds wrongly, there is no 3x available on these discs.

I

03:38:08 Cycling Tray before Verify...

W 06:05:30 Waiting for device to become ready...

I 06:06:11 Abort Request Acknowledged

E 06:06:11 Device Not Ready - Reason: Medium Not Present - Tray Closed

E 06:06:11 Operation Aborted!

I 06:06:19 Close Request Acknowledged

Your drive couldn't read the disc after it burned it and you closed the program. So it wasn't verified...however that indicates that there is a problem maybe with the drive and not the media.

It doesn't seem that reverting to an earlier version helped with your problem, it's more like just plain dumb luck that your burn works in the game machine at all. Have you made any others since this one that work?

Like I said...... I have 100% Success once again! My game is working absolutely fine in my 360, No problems whatsoever!

Heres a log for :- Superstars V8 Racing (wave 3)

I 04:02:31 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 04:02:31 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 04:02:31 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,700 KB - Available: 517,908 KB

I 04:02:31 Initialising SPTI...

I 04:02:31 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 04:02:32 Found 1 DVD

You were told to use 2.5.0.0 because it isn't the problem, and you didn't.

You were told to burn at 4x or 6x because your burner might do a better job at those speeds (those blanks are rated 8x after all), and you didn't.

You were told to enable Verify because that's what ensures the disc was correctly burned, and you didn't.

If you're not going to try our suggestions then stop wasting our time.

Hi there mmalves,

Sorry about that, Btw i wasnt the only person having problems with 2.5.0. Alot of others have had it too. If you go to 360mods.net in the beginners forum then youll see im not the only one.

The other thing is i did all of the above you have typed. I just didnt do enough to inform everyone that i completed those tasks, & for that i do apologize

I did speed up my burner with 2.5.0 but it gave me a coaster once again. so after that i downgraded and tried again with the recommended speed for xbox 360 games which is 2.4x and since then i havent had a coaster & perfect working games.

I did check up on verify, but imgburn opened the tray so i assumed it had already verified it with my previous burn so i closed everything assuming it had done its job, but didnt pay enough attention because i was anxious to test it in my xbox. Also It did mention at the end of the burn This tends to happen with laptop slim line cd drives, which i am using. This is also written in the software but not in the log

I did verify my burn previously but not with imgburn, but this time i closed my tray straight away after the dvd had popped out from the tray after i JUST noticed the error about slim line laptop drives, This here is my first burn I verified WITH imgburn for my backup game of fifa 09 ---

I 15:53:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 15:53:37 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 15:53:37 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,700 KB - Available: 294,908 KB

I 15:53:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:53:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:53:37 Found 1 DVD

Edited by ThreeSixty

so after that i downgraded and tried again with the recommended speed for xbox 360 games which is 2.4x and since then i havent had a coaster & perfect working games.
I 03:09:10 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 03:09:42 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 3x, 4x, 6x)

I 03:09:42 Write Speed: 2.4x

W 03:09:42 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 3,324 KB/s (2.4x), Got: 4,155 KB/s (3x)

I 03:44:38 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:34:56

I 03:44:38 Average Write Rate: 3,913 KB/s (2.8x) - Maximum Write Rate: 4,174 KB/s (3.0x)

I 15:53:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 15:54:18 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 3x, 4x, 6x)

I 15:54:18 Write Speed: 2.4x

I 16:28:25 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:34:07

I 16:28:25 Average Write Rate: 3,952 KB/s (2.9x) - Maximum Write Rate: 4,174 KB/s (3.0x)

The myths about write speed department.

These are your available speeds with the current combination of media/firmware/burner: Speeds: 3x, 4x, 6x

You set it to 2.4x in both versions. You get 3x in both versions. The only difference is that the later version informs you about it.

Conclusion: 2.4x is an impossible speed - as you got 3x in both versions.

If I had a burner with that many issues, I would give it a one way ticket to the nearest dumpster and get a good external USB burner. Just the amount of the current coaster rate should soon have paid for such a new burner.

:)

The software doesn't control the burn quality: that depends entirely on your burner/firmware/media/write speed combination. The software just feeds data in the correct order.

It's been quite some time since burning at 2.4x produced high quality burns: newer burners are optimized for faster speeds, especially on 8x rated media like the MKM-003-00 discs. Even on the 2.4x rated MKM-001-00 discs some burners (e.g. newer Pioneers and Samsungs) do a better job burning them at 4x or 6x.

ThreeSixty I couldn't help to notice that you are using a slimline (laptop) burner. Those aren't good for producing quality burns for your XBOX 360 games. I am using an HL-DT-ST GT10N drive but I still wouldn't trust it to burn a game backup or any high quality stuff. I simply get up open my cupboard and take out the External LG burner for that. Also bear in mind those slimline burners tend to bite the dust quickly :)

One last note I am burning games normally with 2.5.0.0 version.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.