ImgBurn guide with 17 screenshots for newbies

mrbass

also my mirror is up too

Guide isn't really meant for people who've used dvddecrypter cuz really a guide doesn't need to exist. This is just for total virgins to it.

http://mrbass.org/dvdburn

I had a couple questions and if you could explain in just a small sentence and I could use that for my guide if that'd be ok.

Write Type: DAO (Disc at Once) ....incremental (not sure about that one)

does this mean it doesn't close out the session and allows multiple sessions to be recorded to that disc...if so then I totally understand

User Specified - Sectors in LO: (gonna have to look this up)

Edited by mrbass

Incremental was really just added as a workaround for Pioneer 109 drives when they sucked at burning in DAO mode. Now the firmware is fixed, Incremental is pretty pointless.

It's L0, not LO.

L0 meaning Layer 0.

i.e. if Layer 1 starts at LBA 10, Sectors in L0 = 10

0, 1, 2.... 9 = 10 sectors

thanks ...got it

edit: one more quick quesiton what is the .DVD extension for. I was able to search and look up all the other extensions but this one. Which program creates .DVD?

Edited by mrbass

• 1 month later...

NEW TO IMGBURN AND A COMPUTER NOVICE. COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHETHER IMGBURN ONLY BURNS THE CD/DVD, OR DOES IT RIP IT FIRST. I HAVE PUT A DVD INTO MY DUAL LAYER USB DRIVE WITH IMGBURN ON AND IT SAYS THAT THE DISC IS FULL. DO I HAVE TO RIP IT WITH DVD DECRYPTER FIRST AND THEN USE IMGBURN? IF NOT, HOW DO I DO IT? EASY TO UNDERSTAND INSTRUCTIONS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THANKS.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.