Writing failed and now I can't even open tray

manni

Hi,

I wrote a DVD image to DVD few days ago. Process was painfully slow so I decided to cancel the operation. I was using some Imation DVD+RW discs. Now I can't open my DVD drive's tray at all. I have booted the computer again, disconnected the optical drive and replaced it with another. Still I can't open the tray.

Here's the failed operation:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 - Log

; sunnuntai, 06 syyskuu 2009, 13:04:37

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 12:34:40 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 12:34:40 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 12:34:40 Total Physical Memory: 1

Shutdown the computer and use a paperclip or sometnig similar in thicknes and force to open by inserting it in tha little hole on the front and push gently until it pops out the tray.

Edit: A little slow on me...

Edited by ianymaty

Well, I can open the tray with paperclip. But it's odd that even if I replace the DVD drive, I still can't open it. Drive is detected by OS (Windows 7 32 bit). I may try to change the IDE bus.

Now I changed the IDE bus, optical drive was in secondary bus as master, now it's in primary IDE bus. Motherboard is an oldie, Asus A7V600 with VIA KT600 chipset. Let's see if I can burn with it now. At least ejecting the disc works :)

It really shouldn't make a difference to the eject button, they're supposed to work when there's only power going to the drive - i.e. no ide/sata cable.
Unless IDE bus is sending too much crap to drive...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.