Empty "Volume Label"?

ZoNi

I have found one possible bug in ImgBurn 2.50 >>> Volume Label is empty when DVD is burned, although I have entered one (and when start to burn, ImgBurn popup that window, where I can see that volume label is "seen" by ImgBurn).

Anyone have noticed this behavior?

To be easier to follow, here are some screenshots:

1. Device tab of my ImgBurn:

01devicetab8h89.png

2. This is how I have fill Volume Label tab:

02volumelabelsshzi.png

3. You can see here that volume label is filled:

03readyke8p.png

4. But, when is finished, there is NO volume labels in Windows Explorer:

04winexplorerhc7m.png

5. If this is somehow important, here is DVDinfo Pro graph:

05dvdinfoprosc0d.png

Plus, here is ImgBurn log: http://paste2.org/p/424389

(You can see there few times Volume Label: [Not Configured])

My hardware/software configuration: http://zoniweb.com/mypc/

[Not Configured] appears when you've clicked the Calculate button (or added files/folders with Auto calculate enabled) while there were no labels set in the Labels tab. Notice that at the time of burning (and verifying later) the label is correctly set.

Could you try that disc on another computer? Or even another OS on your computer? I've had many times when labels weren't updated in Windows Explorer and it was usually due to me messing around with AutoRun/AutoPlay :D

[Not Configured] appears when you've clicked the Calculate button (or added files/folders with Auto calculate enabled) while there were no labels set in the Labels tab. Notice that at the time of burning (and verifying later) the label is correctly set.

Could you try that disc on another computer? Or even another OS on your computer? I've had many times when labels weren't updated in Windows Explorer and it was usually due to me messing around with AutoRun/AutoPlay :D

Yes, Auto calculate is enabled (and WAS always), because imho that is necessary option. It is not important when I set labels, they are not there!

Btw, I don't have this problem with CDs!

And, yes I have tried those DVDs on other PCs - it is same, no labels.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I have found what was the problem :rolleyes:

So, Volume Label is there (sorry, it IS there!), but problem is that I have laptop, so when ImgBurn is verifying burned DVD, DVD tray is not opened and that is the problem - WinXP can't read Volume Label if tray is not opened. When I manualy open CD tray, Volume Label is visible... I think I have seen this after I have upgraded ImgBurn to 2.500.

Anyway, there is a small problem with labels, but I guess that XP is more guilty than IB ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.