Refillable ink cartridge - facial

ROBAK

Just venting:

I bought one of those sets of refillable cartridge sets for my R200 printer.

As luck would have it, while filling the last cartridge (Black), my lack of syringe training and technique was very evident.

With my limited experience with these devices, It became suddenly clear that compressing an air bubble on top of the ink in a syringe while filling the cart is a BAD thing. Especially when you get near the bubble.

The bubble quickly released all its fury with the remaining ink, causing what I can best describe as a "jetted backfire" from the cart fill hole, which, of course, was perfectly aligned with my left eye, nose, and gaping mouth of concentration.

Well, as you may have guessed, spitting is also a bad idea when over a light colored (white) carpet. For some reason, black dye started to migrate everwhere. Keep in mind that I am still holding the syringe at this point, blind in one eye, speckled face, spitting, and destroying the wife's sacred rug.

She was already ticked about my spending $60 on carts and ink. Now the damned carpet.

I managed to get my facially distorted, one eyed, syringe wielding body to the kitchen sink where I frantically tried to wash off the dye.

This was futile, as the bathroom mirror would prove later, while cursing back at me. Probably would have been better had I not touched my face during the blast, which created strange finger painting type lines.

The wife and kids (teens) has such pearls of wisdom to offer, like "something's on your face", "nice job", or "I'm not going anywhere with you looking like that", and "look what you did to the carpet".

Now I'm faced with going to the office tomorrow where I can be assured that my co-workers will have incredibly insightful and supportive things to say to me.

Another day in the life...

=))=))=))=))=)) Robak, sorry man but the way you wrote that was hillarious.......... Try nail polish remover on your face, might help take off the ink.............. will leave your face a bit red for a couple of days but thats gotta be better then explaining to co-workers you had a fight with a ink refiller and lost.......................... :'( :'( :lol:

Pictures pictures, before it's all gone. :-)))

=))=))=))=))=)) A true classic! We definetley need pictures!! You just put me off buying refillables for life!!

=))=))=))=))=)) Robak, sorry man but the way you wrote that was hillarious.......... Try nail polish remover on your face, might help take off the ink.............. will leave your face a bit red for a couple of days but thats gotta be better then explaining to co-workers you had a fight with a ink refiller and lost.......................... :'( :'( :lol:

Hey, you're right. Removed alot but the side effects! Although, I opted for straight acetone which completely removes all the moisture in your skin, leaving what was once dark inky patches, are now reddish, dry flaking, skin cracking, dark inky patches.

I completely ignored the warning lable for fear of the shock would kill me if I found out how harmful this stuff is for the human body.

I'm telling you right now, no more chemicals in the face. From GooGone to Acetone, I'm through. Can a man wear makeup without too much ridicule? Forget it.. I got the next few days off, I'm staying in the garage.

Edited by ROBAK

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.