Problem Burning BD-R with HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

stove

Hi.

I used this drive to burn normal DVD-DL's and I had no issues. I was also able to do a few bd-re disks, but for some reason with this new Phillips BD-R media I can't get it to burn no matter what.

Any ideas? Log below

-----

I 10:04:39 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 10:04:39 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 10:04:39 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,352 KB - Available: 1,108,740 KB

I 10:04:39 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:04:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:04:39 Found 2 DVD-ROMs, 1 DVD

The firmware update might solve the issue with that MID.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/GGW-H20L/files.html

Failing that, use different discs.

Hi. I uninstalled Daemon Tools, and updated the firmware and it burned fine. I only got one error warning which was this.

W 11:02:00 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 8,991 KB/s (2x), Got: 17,982 KB/s (4x)

It's because the disks I used say rated to 1x and 2x, not 2x and 4x.

Yeah but you have to go by the 'supported write speeds' as written in the disc info text on the right.

What does it list now you've updated to the newer firmware?

It said 2x and 4x on the side. So always go by that, not by what the packaging says?

Exactly.

It's very common for some discs (MIDs) to be supported at speeds that aren't mentioned on the packaging, it all depends on what the manufacturers have done with the firmware.

The speeds listed in that box on the right are what the drive can do for that given disc (MID). Sometimes you'll see speeds listed which are above those written on the packaging and other times (when the discs are rubbish) it'll list slower ones.

Also, if the MID isn't in the firmware at all you might be left with a 'default' write speed/strategy which is normally the lowest speed supported by the format.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.