After upgrade to 2.5.0.0 writing speed slows down

jsffm

ImgBurn always works as fast as your system lets it so if the burn is going slow, either it can't get the data from the hdd quickly enough or it can't feed it to the burner quickly enough. It's not the program itself.

How are the buffer during the burn?

Is your 'in progress' one going slow too?

ImgBurn always works as fast as your system lets it so if the burn is going slow, either it can't get the data from the hdd quickly enough or it can't feed it to the burner quickly enough. It's not the program itself.

How are the buffer during the burn?

Is your 'in progress' one going slow too?

Attached a IBG file.

image buffer at 100%

device buffer very low

what do you mean with 'in progress'?

sorry, english is not my first language.

HL_DT_ST_BD_RE_GGW_H20L_YL05_MITTWOCH_23_SEPTEMBER_2009_14_37_PHILIP_R04_00_MAX.zip

You said you were burning a BD-R... hence it's 'in progress'.

If you have no device buffer and a full software buffer then the program can't send to the drive quickly enough. Sure sounds like a DMA issue to me.

Yes, it sounds like this, but I changed nothing at the hardware during upgrade to 2.5.

I deinstalled the Controller like told in the FAQ and after two reboots the device manager looks like before. I will see the result at next diskwriting, in the moment I don

I have the exact same drive as you so I can run any test you do and we can compare results.

That sounds good, I have now writing a DVD-ISO to a DVD-RW in progress ;-)

What I wondered is: it needs a lot of time for erasing so I think it makes a full erase.

After that I will write to a BD-RE.

I have now writing a DVD-ISO to a DVD-RW in progress ;-)

What I wondered is: it needs a lot of time for erasing so I think it makes a full erase.

After that I will write to a BD-RE.

Now it is in verify, writing was in full speed :-)

Nope, the dye used on a disc is not something that software has to deal with or do anything special for.

Do you have any other dyes there at all?

I'm wondering if the drive/firmware doesn't support the 'Verify Not Required' setting (although it's not complaining about it) and is actually verifying the BD-R as it writes - that would certainly explain why it's slow but it doesn't explain the buffer issues or high cpu usage.

What speed was the DVD-RW you burnt to and the BD-RE?

Nope, the dye used on a disc is not something that software has to deal with or do anything special for.

Do you have any other dyes there at all?

What speed was the DVD-RW you burnt to and the BD-RE?

Due to low writing I had time for shopping in the meanwhile ;-)

No I have no other BD-R dyes.

See attached the logs of the RW-test yesterday.

BD-R startet verify now.

test_rw.txt

Before you burn another BD-R, can you disable SPTD so there's no chance of that messing anything up?

To do that, open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd

Edit the value of 'Start' so it says 4 instead of 0.

Reboot so the changes take effect and then try to burn.

Before you burn another BD-R, can you disable SPTD so there's no chance of that messing anything up?

To do that, open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd

Edit the value of 'Start' so it says 4 instead of 0.

Reboot so the changes take effect and then try to burn.

SPTD is already deinstalled. I deleted the file SPTD.SYS and deleted two entries in the registry, but one entry I coudn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.