Issue with PowerDVD

Bearry

It seems to me that ImgBurn has got an issue with PowerDVD 3.0 and/or it's PDVD3_XP_Patch.

I always used PowerDVD before coz it's a well working simple DVD player but suddenly after installing

ImgBurn my computer started to hang seriously. Almost no time to uninstall PowerDVD between hangs but after doing it computer stopped hanging. I have both DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 3.2 and there are no

bugs as far as I can see.

Is it possible for you to check this bug? Thanks in advance!

It seems to me that ImgBurn has got an issue with PowerDVD 3.0 and/or it's PDVD3_XP_Patch.

I always used PowerDVD before coz it's a well working simple DVD player but suddenly after installing

ImgBurn my computer started to hang seriously. Almost no time to uninstall PowerDVD between hangs but after doing it computer stopped hanging. I have both DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 3.2 and there are no

bugs as far as I can see.

Is it possible for you to check this bug? Thanks in advance!

The current version of PowerDVD is 6.0.

3.0 is way way out of date.

Perhaps that's part of your problem.

Download the latest trial version and see if it works.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_1_ENU.html

Nemesis

I'm 99.999999999999999999999% sure ImgBurn has nothing to do with PowerDVD 3 hanging either!

With ImgBurn open, MAYBE it could be doing things that PowerDVD 3 can't cope with (it is old after all). With it closed, I'm 100% sure ImgBurn isn't doing anything that could possibly mess with it.

I know it's an old one, I was just used to it. I will try 6.0 and hopefully it will be ok. . .

Thanks Nemesis for your constructive reply!

No problem.

It may or may not be the answer to your problem though. :)

Nemesis

I'm 99.999999999999999999999% sure ImgBurn has nothing to do with PowerDVD 3 hanging either!

With ImgBurn open, MAYBE it could be doing things that PowerDVD 3 can't cope with (it is old after all). With it closed, I'm 100% sure ImgBurn isn't doing anything that could possibly mess with it.

Yeah I think you're probably right but it was the fact that it needed a patch to support XP that rang the alarm bells with me.

This automatically suggests that there may be compatibility problems with XP that have since been rectified.

If it works with the new version then well and good.

If it doesn't then we'll continue diagnosis from there. :)

Nemesis

yeah I think that version 4 was the first version from PowerDVD that supported XP .I have a powerDVD XP 4

got 5 with some hardware or something and dont see much difference except for the icon .If the version 3 you have was a Dell version then they were screwing with PowerDVD to make it Dells version you couldn't open dvd files on the HD and watch them on the box

I had an older version of PowerDVD with the Dell box - it was well fooked, hardly any options etc, like a stripped out version..... Soon upgraded to the full program !

Did you buy their suite LFC? Or are you using an OEM package that came with a burner? That's what I'm doing, but it doesn't have DTS capabilities, and I've considered upgrading to get it. Not sure if you need hardware that's DTS capable also though, I doubt if my onboard sound (MB) is.

Personally, I wouldn?t bother with PowerDVD. Media Player Classic is faster, more capable and free.

Actually I really like PowerDVD but I suppose everyone has their own particular favourites.

The Eagle Eye video enhancement makes a dramatic difference and I like the way it can easily toggle the dynamic display of titlesets, chapter points and other information.

I suppose it depends on what you're using it for though as to which you prefer.

Nemesis

It?s not so much a matter of preference per se? but their respective capabilities versus cash outlay.

PowerDVD, on the whole, is a pretty ordinary bit of programming. It?s bloated, cpu intensive and pretty expensive given the limited functionality of it.

By contrast, Media Player Classic is small, fast and free. It?s also been programmed to take advantage of the various sound and video codecs in the K-Lite Codec Pack, including weird ones like Monkey Audio.

The interface for PowerDVD might look nicer compared to the rather cheap and dodgy Media Player Classic GUI but MPC is a far superior program.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.